• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I'm repairing my own clubs from now on....

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
as I'm tired of being ripped off.

I took a Titleist fairway wood in to be reshafted. It had an Aldila NV stiff in it and I need a regular. Took him 2 weeks and when I picked it up today, I asked him for the pulled shaft. After a bit of hemming and hawing, he said it broke as it was pulled. Bullshit. I saw it in the corner with the other pulls.

So from now on I'm regipping and reshafting my own clubs. I already most of the tools I'll need, just need to get a heat gun, and maybe a shaft puller.

Merry Christmas. :)

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
That's all BS. Don't go there again, ever, and tell everyone you know they do shoddy work and rip you off. It costs me $19.99 to have a driver shaft pulled and the new one installed. Also the kid removes the epoxy from the old tip. This is all done for me while I hit some demo clubs into the nets. After maybe 10minutes he'll ask what grip and playing length I would like. 5 minutes later the old shaft is in the tube I brought and the new club is ready to go. I guess I appreciate the service I get a little more now.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I would have asked for a new NV, straight up. F him. That's total bogus.

R35

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Let's see, he charges you ??? for re-shafting and ruining (?) your old shaft, takes that old shaft and put's it in someone else's club and charges them for re-shafting and probably new price which is $90 or so for the NV and comes out smelling like a rose at your expense. :hunter:

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
I would have walked over the the NV in the corner and said, "Oh well since you broke mine I am taking this one"

I would not go back.
you could always come to my shop, it is a bit of a drive however.

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Yeah, I got screwed. But I'm moving on. I figure if I learn how to do the basic stuff, I'll be ahead of the game.

I fixed a dislocated hip and a broken leg this week. How much harder can golf club repair be? :D

demon

Hybrids are for girls
Oct 29, 2006
Yeah, I got screwed. But I'm moving on. I figure if I learn how to do the basic stuff, I'll be ahead of the game.

I fixed a dislocated hip and a broken leg this week. How much harder can golf club repair be? :D

Did you have to do any bore-throughs.:)

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
No, but I did do a greater trochanter osteotomy, capsuloraphy, and tension band fixation on that hip. Hat trick! :D

Better not ask the shaft guy to do one of those jobs. You'll never get the old hip back!

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Well, to be honest, I think that's mostly the store.

When I get my r7 460 reshafted I sat there and watched him do it after demoing it all. He was cool with it too, we just chatted it up and had a good time. Real nice guy, got it done quick, gave me everything, and was a pretty smart kid(only 19). Great job too.

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Well, to be honest, I think that's mostly the store.

When I get my r7 460 reshafted I sat there and watched him do it after demoing it all. He was cool with it too, we just chatted it up and had a good time. Real nice guy, got it done quick, gave me everything, and was a pretty smart kid(only 19). Great job too.

You're right, Jeff. This was at the range I go to, and it's convenient because I can test the clubs right there.

There is also a custom golf shop 1/2 mile from my office, and this guy is more reliable, but no range. It's a VERY old shop, no modern equipment, but a lot of memerobilia on the wall, including a hand written note in a childish scrawl from a very young Charles Howell III, thanking him for a custom driver.

🔥 Latest posts