• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I'm Sick Of It, New Stuff Now

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I am sick of that stupid RE*AX shaft. As many of you know, I replaced it in my driver with a ProtoNT and haven't regret it yet(still bombing that thing).

Well, around the same time it was bugging me in my driver, I was having problems with my 3 wood. This may make some of your ears bleed, but I was determined it was me and not the club. Well, after doing some analysis with my dad, video camera, and other things, I decided that the shaft was just not working for me. Even on my best shots the ball would fly one way or another, be it left or right. And not subtle draws or fades, big ones. The shaft even felt a little whippy in my hands. Also, I couldn't seem to get it's position right anywhere in my stance for a more forgiving spot. Last, to hit the thing straight and consistant I had to slow down my swing an absurd amount. Oh, it's a RE*AX Stiff with Mid-Tip.

So I go to my local golf store (they know me there by now), and decide to try out the feel of different shafts. I had to do it using the G5s they had, as there was the most selection in those. Mostly ignoring the head, and focusing on the feel of the shaft, I tried out the V2, Blue, NVS, NV65, some Fujikara, and a Speeder. Well, after about an hour or so (more or so), I decided on none other, than another Grafalloy.

I had them do the work last night and picked it up this morning. It's a bit heavier than my RE*AX, and has a stiff tip in it. Ladies (warbird) and gentlemen, I bloody love this thing. Immediately, it started off great. Nice high ball flight, but not too high. Subtle draw, nothing like a snap hook. Still workable too. I took it out to the range, split a small bucket with me mum, and then played 9 with it, using it off of every tee (excluding the 3s). It's brilliant.

So, yes, it can be the club sometimes. Oh, and the whole reasoning behind my utter frustration is that back when I was swinging a little slower, I loved this club. It was reliable and strong, and I really didn't want to take it out of the bag, especially before my upcoming ring of tournaments. I am one happy camper guys, and have welcomed back one of my favorite clubs, and most trustworthy.

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
Congrats, I wish I had access to a place where I could try out loads of shafts. All you guys are lucky b******s.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Congrats, I wish I had access to a place where I could try out loads of shafts. All you guys are lucky b******s.

Emigrate!! I'll adopt you as my own and you will get lots of girlfriends over here with your Scottish accent....the young Sean Connery....

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Between Lyle, Rock, Jeff, Ez and myself I think we've hit every shaft on the planet... :D (and if I've missed someone add your name)...

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
What you get for being a lefty! :p

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Between Lyle, Rock, Jeff, Ez and myself I think we've hit every shaft on the planet... :D (and if I've missed someone add your name)...

Fair enough. I've hit a bunch between getting my driver and my 3 wood.

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Eh, don't forget Bravo, not only is he a Scot, he's a lefty.

Sandy

Aug 29, 2006
Do TaylorMade make the worst stock shafts out there? Every one I've hit in a TM has been awful, with only those gold shafts Cleveland put in the Launchers a while back coming close for me.

Whereas I quite like the stock shaft in my SQ460 and my Cleveland Halos, and was very happy with the stock NVs in my old Adams woods and Cobra driver.

Edit - actually, just remembered the worst stock shaft I ever hit. The stock regular Nike put in the CPR hybrids. I had two CPRs with iRod regular hybrid shafts in them that I really liked, but when I tried to hit the regular shaft it felt like a fishing rod with a weight on the end, and the stiff was barely any better...

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
Neither am I a scot or a lefty, where the hell have you guys been when I've been posting? Jeff have you been on the drink already?
I do live in Scotland though and have the accent which would garuntee the girlfriends mentioned before :laugh:

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online