• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I'm Sick Of It, New Stuff Now

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Do TaylorMade make the worst stock shafts out there? Every one I've hit in a TM has been awful, with only those gold shafts Cleveland put in the Launchers a while back coming close for me.

Whereas I quite like the stock shaft in my SQ460 and my Cleveland Halos, and was very happy with the stock NVs in my old Adams woods and Cobra driver.

Edit - actually, just remembered the worst stock shaft I ever hit. The stock regular Nike put in the CPR hybrids. I had two CPRs with iRod regular hybrid shafts in them that I really liked, but when I tried to hit the regular shaft it felt like a fishing rod with a weight on the end, and the stiff was barely any better...

They don't make the worst but the regular versions of thier clubs get nothing spectacular. On the other hand the TP models get the best shafts on the market stock by miles. That TP hybrid I got has a full blown Rombax shaft in it. I'd take it over anything I've hit.

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Yeah, but TP is $$$ more, and I'd rather just get the regular version.

Members online

No members online now.