• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I'm so ashamed.....

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
I got a $20 points certificate from Dick's in the mail today. I have a game tomorrow so I trotted up there to get some balls......while I was there I also bought...
a 3 pack of "brush tees" :eek:

AAARRRRRGGGHHH!!! ;)

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
LOL!~~

Love it.

I am asking for a few as a Stocking Stuffer

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
At least you're not me. I walked out of WalMart with a 5 pack of VelociTees. <hanging my head in shame...>

OP
Slingblade61

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Here's what you get when you buy brush tees;

You get 3 tees for $5.49 each with little ball markers and a spiffy belt clip.

You also get laughed at when you pull one out to try.

The feeling of shame comes from the little voice inside each of us that knows better than to fall for that shonky ****e being overridden by an insane desire to posess the latest cheap gadget to improve your game.

I don't feel too bad though, fishermen fall victim to this far more often than golfers do. ;)

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
One of the guys I played with Saturday used these. If his drives are any indication, I wouldn't get my hopes up. :D

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I bet you'd have more success catching more fish with the Brush tees than hitting better drives.

I tested both Brush tees and Velocitees (Crowe and I must have shopped at the same Wal-Mart!)

Brush Tees - I don't get it. They hold the ball up off the ground. So do wood tees. Ever hit a 350 yard drive with a wooden tee? If you answered yes, then why did you buy Brush tees? If you answered no, throw away the Brush tees and use wooden ones. :D

Velocitees - Broke two at the range. I gave the other three to my friend. He's left handed. Putts right handed. I think i've said enough here. ;)

Conclusion: attach two treble hooks and go for walleye. I bet you'd catch more pike than walleye.

R35

Members online

No members online now.