• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I'm surrounded by wild fires

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
As of yesterday there were 477 small fires in Oregon making up 30 large ones.

Green=level 1 evacuation "be ready"
Yellow=level 2 evacuation "get ready"
Red=level 3 evacuation "GTFO NOW"

I'm less than one mile from the green zone and the fires are heading my way. 2020 sucks ass.

upload_2020-9-10_10-58-10.png

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
our_airq_idx_h.jpg.jpg

Right now our Air Quality Index is 177 but the smoke is rolling in and we're expected to hit 440 (!) tonight with visibility of just a few hundred feet.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Jesus, sending prayers your way. Got an ex bil and SIL that we’re just evacuated from their home in California. 2020 sucks for sure, it’s starting to look like the Mayan calendar may be coming true just a few years late.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Stay frosty up there Tea.

It's a terrible time for the whole western part of the US. Hopefully the weather breaks and gives those boys fighting fires a hand controlling those fires.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Stay safe, my friend! This happens every year, and I truly hate it for folks over there. I'm glad I deal with hurricanes and not wildfires.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
We've been overcast all day from smoke from the fires here in Phoenix. Crazy.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Just rips your heart out watching some of the television coverage. The folks living there are so helpless ans they watch their homes and communities go up in flame. So sad! Those wildfires make Kansas and her tornadoes seem quite welcoming. Stay safe out there... or move to the Midwest!!!

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Some welcoming news: marine winds are going to start moving in over the weekend bringing cooler temps, more moisture, and some wind to blow the smoke away. Better news is it's also supposed to also bring 3-4 days worth of rain, sometimes heavy rain, to the burn zones.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
I'm hearing 1/10 of Oregon residents had to evacuate. About 500,000 people. Jesus.

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
I'm hearing 1/10 of Oregon residents had to evacuate. About 500,000 people. Jesus.
Not true, and I've been seeing this a lot. The media is twisting this.

Remember the green/yellow/red zones? Red zones are where people have been evacuated, the other two zones have been warned to be ready to evacuate. Earlier today the governor said that about 40k people have actually evacuated. The other 460k people live in the yellow/green zones. Also the population of Oregon is 4.2 million.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Not true, and I've been seeing this a lot. The media is twisting this.

Remember the green/yellow/red zones? Red zones are where people have been evacuated, the other two zones have been warned to be ready to evacuate. Earlier today the governor said that about 40k people have actually evacuated. The other 460k people live in the yellow/green zones. Also the population of Oregon is 4.2 million.
But I read it on the internet.

🔥 Latest posts