• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I'm with Ezra ,on the strike against drivers!

tn-golfnut-from-nj

Birdie Machine.
Jul 13, 2007
I hope Twofast wont be mad, but I just traded the HiBore I ho-ed off of him, for 6 Mizzuno irons.
Now I have a bag for the truck, so I dont have to take it out, and put it back in, everytime I get home, or when I leave out.

Bought a Big Bertha 2 iron at the range, for 18 dollars.
Took a few swings to get used to it, the head is a little heavier then my Clevelands.

I teed it up, so the ball is just barely off the ground.
Hitting some consistantly pure shots with it.

We dont have accurate measurments on the range, so I wont really know how far it's going, untill I hit the course with it.

I"m guessing just over 200, because my 3 iron off the tee, goes about 200 (depending on the roll) and this 2 iron is just a tad longer.

So for now, the only thing in my bag that is not a putter or an iron, is a 7wood, and a hybrid.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Good for you. It's helping my swing out a lot and playing more consistant. Unfortunately I'm probably going to have 3 drivers next week.
icon10.gif

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Damn, you gotta be fast around here. You beat me too it, Ez. :laugh:

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
Sorry but I can't support this movement. My last round, every time I tried to play it safe with a 3W off the tee I got into trouble, however, I missed only one fairway all day with my driver.

OP
tn-golfnut-from-nj

tn-golfnut-from-nj

Birdie Machine.
Jul 13, 2007
Good for you. It's helping my swing out a lot and playing more consistant. Unfortunately I'm probably going to have 3 drivers next week.
icon10.gif
Oh, come on now..You can't leave me out there all by myself without a driver.
I'd look silly.:eek:
Besides, if you break 80, 10 times in a row by next week, I'll buy you a driver.:D

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
I will not be joining your "no drivers" brigade. Currently have the Burner, R7 460, FT-3 & waiting for the G2. I want to take a bag with nothing but drivers to the range & possibly the course just to get a chuckle from peoples expressions.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Oh, come on now..You can't leave me out there all by myself without a driver.
I'd look silly.:eek:
Besides, if you break 80, 10 times in a row by next week, I'll buy you a driver.:D

Oh, yea, that'll take a while if I stick by that. Maybe I'll change it to 90 ten times in a row.
icon10.gif

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Sorry but I can't support this movement. My last round, every time I tried to play it safe with a 3W off the tee I got into trouble, however, I missed only one fairway all day with my driver.
Same here. I've finally found a driver that I hit well.

Mizuno MX-500 w/BB Solutions.

My driver is now a weapon, and not a liability. Of course, I tend to swing my driver back to parallel, meaning the head doesn't touch the ground in front of my left foot on my backswing, like Ezra.
icon12.gif

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Ouch, that hurt.
icon10.gif
I wish I could stop it, believe me. That's sort of another reason I'm not using a driver, the swing is shorter with every other club and I'm getting used to swinging in control with good tempo. Hopefully the driver swing will be similar eventually. 3W is not hurting distance all that much. Hit 3W, 3iron into a par 5 today, 3i went left into the greenside bunker though.

SolderJockey

Oct 31, 2007
For about a month last year I carried only hybrids, irons, wedges and a
putter and averaged about 3 strokes better. It was nice being in the
fairway consistently. That said, since I'm a short hitter, I think I need the
extra distance from a Driver or 3W. This year's range time will be spent mostly
getting ALL my woods straighter.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Pair of girly men, you ho a million drivers and then start using 3 woods, you slacktards.

DaGris

Bears fan in Georgia
Dec 8, 2007
...never really have a problem hitting the driver....they are big as a grape fruit! how in the world cant you hit one now?!.........

-IceMan-

A good walk spoiled.
Mar 12, 2008
No driver for me and no woods either. Coaches order. I can hit the driver fine, but they want the whole team to work on the Long Irons.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
...never really have a problem hitting the driver....they are big as a grape fruit! how in the world cant you hit one now?!.........

Face angle at impact. My FTi always had nearly every ballmark high dead center when I cleaned it after a round or range session. Unfortunately dead center means nothing if it's 20* open or shut.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.