• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

In the Market for New Irons

toofless

Oct 11, 2007
Hi all, I've got a max budget of $350 for irons (I'd prefer new). I've read up on and have net-tested some Wilson Staff Ci6 irons. They won the Tester's top pick last year for game-improvement irons (beating out X-18's, Ping G5's, and Cleveland CG4's). Just wondering if anybody's actually played them in the wild?

I've always liked Wilson wedges (cheap and dependable), so I thought these might be right up my alley...

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Bridgestones man, sooooo incredebly underrated. although ppl here are starting to get it;).

I hit a few with my J33bs today and it felt great, i say for for the cbs, ill probly get a 2i to match my set in the cb version.

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
I have a set of Cleveland CG Golds with only 5 rounds on them I'll let go for $350.

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
United States United States
Because he sees the grief that everyone else gets and doesn't want to submit himself to that...smart man that Sling.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I know! I got my 33s from Sling...makes ya wonder...

You could always go component with LyleG

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
I know you said new, but I've got a nice set of MX-23's in great shape I'd sell for $350.

Irish

May 9, 2007
there are some good deals on offer...can't go wrong with a set of mizzys

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Hi all, I've got a max budget of $350 for irons (I'd prefer new). I've read up on and have net-tested some Wilson Staff Ci6 irons. They won the Tester's top pick last year for game-improvement irons (beating out X-18's, Ping G5's, and Cleveland CG4's). Just wondering if anybody's actually played them in the wild?

I've always liked Wilson wedges (cheap and dependable), so I thought these might be right up my alley...

I've got a set of Golfsmith P2 irons that are almost new (1 round, 1 range session) that I would let go for $125 shipped.

Ask Lyle or MGP about these irons, they really are a nice looking set...

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
Sling, how come we never hear of your ho'ing expeditions?:laugh:

That's beacuse he's a "Stealth Ho"... :laugh:

I've got a set of Golfsmith P2 irons that are almost new (1 round, 1 range session) that I would let go for $125 shipped.

Ask Lyle or MGP about these irons, they really are a nice looking set...

I love mine. A nice player's cavity back, good perimeter weighting and pretty forgiving. For the money they are a steal. If I remember correctly, BigJim's are a little over standard length but could easily be shortened (butt trimmed). If you are looking for a club with a more traditional profile, not much offset and a sole that's not as wide as the typical GI irons then these would probably work well for you.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I love mine. A nice player's cavity back, good perimeter weighting and pretty forgiving. For the money they are a steal. If I remember correctly, BigJim's are a little over standard length but could easily be shortened (butt trimmed). If you are looking for a club with a more traditional profile, not much offset and a sole that's not as wide as the typical GI irons then these would probably work well for you.

There you go, and for what I am asking you could afford to take them to a club fitter and have them fitted, adjusted for lie and even switch out the shafts and still be well under your budget...heck its a no brainer...
icon10.gif

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
And if your looking for Rifle 6.0s for them, I got some that I will sell ya for cheap, I got them off BigJim also (great seller btw), but never ended up getting a chance to try them out.

Let me know if your interested (or if anyone else is interested;) -- Jeff!)

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
And if your looking for Rifle 6.0s for them, I got some that I will sell ya for cheap, I got them off BigJim also (great seller btw), but never ended up getting a chance to try them out.

Let me know if your interested (or if anyone else is interested;) -- Jeff!)

How much you wanting for em Piper?

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Because he sees the grief that everyone else gets and doesn't want to submit himself to that...smart man that Sling.
I thought maybe it was just that he got drowned out by all the "Above average" Ho's on this site. With Rock away on vacation, about 1/4 of the hoing on this site is gone, and you hear more from the "Lesser Ho's"

Kinda like Eracer, you know he is a ho from the pictures, but you just never hear of it. Now with Rock gone, all of a sudden you find out that he to once had a thing for Mizuno Wedges, and now a thing for SC Putters. :laugh:

Plus it is kinda hard for Sling to compete when Rock could offer the guy a choice of about 5 different brands, where Sling only has the one.

🔥 Latest posts