• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Inazone "arm lock" putter review

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
When I won that Bettinardi putter, I wished later I'd ordered their arm-lock design. Never could get along with the Betti and traded for a second Cameron. Both Camerons benched and am back to an old stainless Anser 4. Whoever put a hole in the green that you putted to should have been castrated! The game would sure be a lot easier... and less expensive... if all you had to do was get the ball on the green!!! :>)

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
The grip on this (Winn 15") was too short when I held the club like you are supposed to. So I ordered a 19" grip and we'll try it again.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I'm getting my distance, staying on my line and making putts! If you're having putting problems you've GOT to try one of these. :geek:

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Glad it’s working for you!

On a side note, I don’t understand how these work and how these are legal but long putters aren’t?

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
You can't "anchor" them on your chest or stomach. I think Bernhardt anchors his long putter on his chest but how are they going to prove it? Here's the way Kuchar uses it.

kuchar arm lock putter - Yahoo Video Search Results

The anchoring ban in not so many words no longer allowed players to anchor clubs to their body; stomach, chest or chin. Bernhardt got around it immediately by cutting an inch or two off his putter. Adam Scott took a few years to reach the same conclusion. Scott’s is a little more obvious he no longer anchors the club, there are for sure arguments Bernhardt changed nothing.

Looks like a different form of anchoring to me. But if it’s legal and it works why not?

Arm-Lock putting is for sure just another anchoring method, but not to your body. There’s also something with the elbow that’s important to know. The club cannot extend above it. Both Kuchar and Simpson arm-lock to their forearm and clubs are below the elbow.

And it does work! I’ve experimented with an arm-lock putting stroke for years now. My putting has improved immensely!!

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
The anchoring ban in not so many words no longer allowed players to anchor clubs to their body; stomach, chest or chin. Bernhardt got around it immediately by cutting an inch or two off his putter. Adam Scott took a few years to reach the same conclusion. Scott’s is a little more obvious he no longer anchors the club, there are for sure arguments Bernhardt changed nothing.

Arm-Lock putting is for sure just another anchoring method, but not to your body. There’s also something with the elbow that’s important to know. The club cannot extend above it. Both Kuchar and Simpson arm-lock to their forearm and clubs are below the elbow.

And it does work! I’ve experimented with an arm-lock putting stroke for years now. My putting has improved immensely!!

Glad it works for you!

Still if this is ok, can’t see why the other method isn’t. Of course I was never in favor of the anchoring ban. If I remember correctly the argument was that it Gabe an advantage. I never could see how an advantage was gained since everybody had the same access to that putting style.

Oh well, go with what works!

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Glad it works for you!

Still if this is ok, can’t see why the other method isn’t. Of course I was never in favor of the anchoring ban. If I remember correctly the argument was that it Gabe an advantage. I never could see how an advantage was gained since everybody had the same access to that putting style.

Oh well, go with what works!

Oh I’m totally agreeing with you Jim, if one is fine, in my mind as well the other should be. But the governing bodies say its so... is it really an advantage tho? Maybe for some? Hinderance for others?? For me, anchoring or locking means the same thing. Does it give me an advantage? To me, not really. Still have to read the putt, roll the putt and hopefully hole it... my biggest gain from the method is confidence. I’m confident over putts, that I will roll the ball on the line I chose...

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I used a chest putter years ago and it was the best putting method ever. It was an advantage. This is like a normal putt but feels much more solid and is very confidence inspiring. (And Bernhardt still is anchoring but try and prove it).

🔥 Latest posts