• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Inbee Park Adds British to Trophy Case

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
WHILE MOST GOLF FANS RUMINATE about phenom Jordan Spieth, World No. 1 Rory McIlroy and whether Tiger Woods will ever win another major (or other tournament), Inbee Park has been on a stunning run. With her victory yesterday at the RICOH Women's British Open, Park has won six of the last 14 women's majors.

Major talent Inbee Park.
(Allison)​
Add the 2008 U.S. Women's Open and Inbee, who tops the Rolex Rankings, has seven majors for her career. Not a bad resume for a 27-year-old.

As the Associated Press reported, Park "hunted down" Jin-Young Ko, picking up 7 shots on the rookie in 12 holes to win by 3 shots. Park's 7-under 65 at Turnberry was the most recent example of her ability to close and domination of the sport.

"I don't know what else to go for now," Park said.

That quote makes sense when you consider that Park has won the most important trophies in her sport. The British was the only missing hardware, until yesterday.

"Every major was very, very special to me," Park added. "But to wrap it up with the British Open is just much more special. This is definitely the golfer's most-wanted trophy."

Jin-Young Ko was the runner-up, and that other Ko, young Lydia from New Zealand, finished tied for third.

The LPGA is calling it a career grand slam for Park, even though the organization gave the Evian Championship major status beginning in 2013. Park has won the Evian Championship -- in 2012. This seems like a case of the LPGA wanting to have it both ways.

For now, maybe we should call it the Inbee Slam. And wait a few weeks. The Evian Championship begins on September 10.

Related:
FOUR Is Right Number for Grand Slam

Source: Inbee Park Adds British to Trophy Case

🔥 Latest posts

Members online