• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

"INCOMING!!!"

Greydawg

King Of All Hackers!!!
Dec 15, 2006
Or at least a "fore" would've been nice!

To make a long story short, I was walking off the 1st green and
WHACK!!!:real angry:
I get hit in the left upper arm!
Right on the vein running up the middle of my bicep.
I thought it was going to burst!

Stung like Hell too!:faintthud

Anyway I didn't make a big scene out of it, although I must admit some evil thoughts did cross my mind!;)
I just continued to walk off to the 2nd tee.

Between my playing partner, and his, he knew he did wrong.
At least he did come over to me and apologize, so I just let it go.

We had 2 women in our foursome and had he hit one of them it would've been a different story, I assure you!:mad:

So my question is this...
How much of a hurry must you be in to hit into a foursome on the 1st green??????

FORE002.jpg

FORE003.jpg

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
WOW what a mess that made makes me think how lucky I was yesterday. I got hit by a ball for the 1st time in 16 years of playing. I was playing at Bull Bay and we had a fourball in front so we were waiting on most tee's. We had a couple of ladies playing behind us and whilst we were waiting on the 7th tee a ball came flying over bounced once in front of me and hit my in the meat & 2 Veg. I say this was lucky because I was stood side ways on so it was a glancing blow rather than a direct hit. That said I wouldn't have minded the swelling but the pain wouldn't have been too good, it hurt enough with just the glanceing blow.

OP
Greydawg

Greydawg

King Of All Hackers!!!
Dec 15, 2006
Hindsight being 20-20......

Holy shit!! Got ya good! I would have asked him that question.... :D
I'll be honest with you, WBL,
I was so pissed that had he given me some lame excuse, or gotten belligerent with me, a 'free for all' would've ensued.

As I said before he did drive over while I was going up to the 2nd tee and apologize...
from his cart.
Which in all reality was a good thing, for both of us.

I believe he was sincere and seemed quite humble.
I just needed a few minutes to cool off!

I'm just glad he didn't mess up my pretty face!!!!!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

OP
Greydawg

Greydawg

King Of All Hackers!!!
Dec 15, 2006
Maybe she liked you!!!!

WOW what a mess that made makes me think how lucky I was yesterday. I got hit by a ball for the 1st time in 16 years of playing. I was playing at Bull Bay and we had a fourball in front so we were waiting on most tee's. We had a couple of ladies playing behind us and whilst we were waiting on the 7th tee a ball came flying over bounced once in front of me and hit my in the meat & 2 Veg. I say this was lucky because I was stood side ways on so it was a glancing blow rather than a direct hit. That said I wouldn't have minded the swelling but the pain wouldn't have been too good, it hurt enough with just the glanceing blow.
That would have been a Hell of a picture, HUH????:biglol:

5iron

Yeesh dude i hope your allright man, that reeally reminds me that i should be yelling fore a lot more often.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Ouch Greydawg! That's NASTY.

Last weekend, on the 1st hole, one of the guys in my foursome "laid up" from 230 with his 3-wood. Understand that he hits his driver about 200, and his 6-iron about 150. He flushes the 3-wood, dead center of the clubface, and it lands about 6 feet short of the green. They looked up at him and were, I'm sure, pretty damned annoyed. I looked at him and said, "nice layup".

Point is, he NEVER expected his shot to threaten the green. Should he have waited? You bet. Was it a fluke? Yep.

Maybe the shot that hit you was a fluke as well.

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
OUCH!!

How long is the hole?...If it was 200 or under I might have gotten upset!

Thats more then drivable.

WildCatGolfer17

Aug 16, 2007
that sucks ass man.. Ive been hit 2 times and my friend once...

I took one in the shin once from about 70 yards from a 3w.....Parellel fairways oppsite direction.. and nothing was said but i had Titleist 2 in my shin for about a week

🔥 Latest posts