• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Incredible rainmaker coming...

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
OK - everybody here knows the drill....

The wife went to the store and stocked up on everything...Its not supposed to make landfall on the upper Gulf for quite a few hours but the outer rain bands will be here within 90 minutes or so...and the eye is located down near Tampa at this point...that's about 500 miles away.
It's a really big storm from the standpoint of diameter.

The forecasted track shows it going west of us....love it! But - we should get hammered with that huge rainfall on the eastern side of the eye...

From what I can tell - it is going to start raining within the next two hours and it should rain off and on until sometime Monday afternoon.

And we're still a little soaked from Cindy which came through on Wednesday.

I was at the course today but did not play. Noticed that the super had cut the rough way down and the fairways were shaved tight. I guess he is anticipating he may not be able to get any equipment on it until Wednesday or so.

This is weird to have one of these in July. They often happen in September when the weather is decent. We had no power for five days with Ivan between September 17-22 but we had nice comfortable nights and slept well.

If we lose power now, we will just steam/broil until the power comes back on...imagine the humidity when the sun hits land that has been soaked with 6-10 inches of rain...

Oh well...we've all been through it before...

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
So it will be smoke signals and dial up for you bucko!

Batten down the hatches and stay safe!

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Thanks Sling...a quick update.

We are cooking out 'stuffed burgers' tonight. We have a longstanding tradition of cooking out before a storm comes through...just made some burgers stuffed with scallions and cheese.

I went outside a few minutes ago to light the charcoal...

There is a complete....and total lack...of air movement. It's like there is no air out there. I have dense woods in the back of the house...trees 80 feet tall and not a leaf is moving.

It's the Calm Before the Storm.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Keep everyone safe down there, B.

As always, if you need anything, you know where to come.

R35

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.