• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Infomercials.

Greydawg

King Of All Hackers!!!
Dec 15, 2006
I can honestly say that I've never bought any product that I've seen on a tv infomercial.
But 2 clubs I find intresting.
The Bobby Jones hybrids,
and the F2 wedges.
Are they for real,
or just "snake oil"??

Do the spokespersons for these products actually believe these clubs are good, or just lending their name to get that fat check?

I am just curious as to your opinion or if anyone has these clubs and how would you evaluate them.
Thanks.

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
lending their names for fat checks...

the f2 wedge sucks... but the bobby jones hybrid has gotten good reviews from golfdigest... ive hit it, and its actually pretty good...

OP
Greydawg

Greydawg

King Of All Hackers!!!
Dec 15, 2006
Buying any club you haven't hit before is stupid.
Can't agree with you more!
And at $200.00 a piece for those hybrids, I don't think I'll be buying them too soon!
I was just wondering if anybody had any experience with them and what they thought of them.

Fitzpatrick

Good Walk Spoiler
Supporting Member
Dec 19, 2006
I own one of the Bobby Jones hybrids, though I bought it after having hit it a couple of times at a golf store, and before I knew there was an informercial for it. I like this club a lot. I can hit it well off the fairway, and it's pretty nice out of the rough (though not if the ball is sitting down.....not sure there's any hybrid that's good for that). It's got a good feel, and it comes stock with a Graphite Design YS-7+ shaft. I use mine in place of my 3-iron, and I get a little more distance (maybe about 10 yards), but it hits the ball a lot higher and I get more consistency out of it.

That's just my $0.02 USD. I've seen parts of the informercial, and I don't know if it would have sold me on the club if I didn't already own one.

🔥 Latest posts