• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Injury report

MattyB

Not a sheep shagger.
Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2012
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Anyone had pain in their wrist/top of hand when driving? Been crushing some nice long drives (draws of course :p ) but some pain is creeping in on my right hand after these drives. Any idea what it's from? Or could be from?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
You're waaayyy too young to begin having aches and pains!!! If I were guessing, I'd say you've dug a club into the ground and sprained the wrist. The driver swing tends to be somewhat longer/flexes the wrist more than the swings with shorter clubs. They make some pretty inexpensive wrist bands/supports that can be picked up at local drugstores. Might try one of those for a while and just give it some time to heal.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
You're waaayyy too young to begin having aches and pains!!! If I were guessing, I'd say you've dug a club into the ground and sprained the wrist. The driver swing tends to be somewhat longer/flexes the wrist more than the swings with shorter clubs. They make some pretty inexpensive wrist bands/supports that can be picked up at local drugstores. Might try one of those for a while and just give it some time to heal.
That's a good point Limp. Matty are you a picker or digger?

OP
MattyB

MattyB

Not a sheep shagger.
Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2012
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Yeah it only flares up when I'm using the driver. Irons I've never had an issue with this pain.
I can only think that my right hand/wrist has too much to do with the impact and post impact than it should, causing excessive tension and stress somehow.
This morning it's a bit worse, pain bending the wrist back and forward now. Pain is definitely the tendons on the top of my hand.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Sounds like you're speaking from experience.
I have no idea what you're talking about.

Tcmvmjd.png

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.