• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Inner Club

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
The president of the inner club at Triggs gave me an application today and invited me to come to a "meeting" tomorrow night. They have 15tournaments per year and I'd also have my handicap through them. I'd be playing with/against the best amatuer players in my state. The cost is $250 and of course I'd still have to pay for the rounds of golf at the $22 resident rate. Another bonus is I'd have my foot in the proverbial door with the members and would probably be able to also get the highly sought after "resident membership", which is $845 per year, 7day membership.

Deal or No Deal?
icon10.gif

twofast2s

Dec 30, 2006
The president of the inner club at Triggs gave me an application today and invited me to come to a "meeting" tomorrow night. They have 15tournaments per year and I'd also have my handicap through them. I'd be playing with/against the best amatuer players in my state. The cost is $250 and of course I'd still have to pay for the rounds of golf at the $22 resident rate. Another bonus is I'd have my foot in the proverbial door with the members and would probably be able to also get the highly sought after "resident membership", which is $845 per year, 7day membership.

Deal or No Deal?
icon10.gif

you should do it man.. just do it!

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
you should do it man.. just do it!

You should join with me. I'll see if I can find out when the tournaments are, I think they are on Saturdays. You know if I had a membership I'd pretty much live there. I'd be on at 5:30 every evening after the leagues until dark. Plus if I could "play" there off the tips I could play just about anywhere.

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
Deal.

I don't know anything about that course but it seems like a good deal if you can get the membership for $845. I pay $835 and its a muni., a good muni though.

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Deal.

I don't know anything about that course but it seems like a good deal if you can get the membership for $845. I pay $835 and its a muni., a good muni though.

This is also sort of a "muni" as well. The $845 is the resident rate for Providence, I live 9/10 of a mile from the course. It's a circa 1930 Donald Ross course, 6600/129 off the tips. During the season it's in immaculate shape, some of the best greens around, public or private. The RI amatuer stroke play portion is played there as well as the local NCAA events and a couple of pro tournaments. The only downside is there are a lot of tournaments. Sometimes it's only "open" during the day 2-3 days a week.

EddieC

Feb 1, 2006
Ez,

Since you live so close I think it really boils down to math. $845 divided by $22 a round equals 38.5 rounds and the deals paid for. Every round after that is free so to speak if your looking for the hard sell to the girlfriend.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Sounds like a deal. Do it.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Thats dirt cheap. My montly bar bill is almost that much.

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
OK. So I think I'm going to go to the meeting tonight with a Cashiers Check for the $250 since I don't have a checking account anymore. It would be nice to get the resident membership but that might take a little while. It will be cool to try playing some competitive golf for the 1st time. I'd better hit some 3W's off the 1st few holes, that's for sure. :)

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Well, I decided not to go. Mostly out of laziness and some fear to commit that much $$ to it. It's not a guaruntee I'd be able to get the membership, long shot actaully. So I'd be paying the $250 just to play in the tournaments, probably would miss at least half due to work anyway. Yes, I'm a little bi-polar I think.
icon10.gif
I'm pretty good at convincing myself something will be good or suck in the same 24hr. period. I think I should go pickup my Hibore to feel better. lol.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Why is this membership so elusive? You're a resident, why cant you just get one?

EddieC

Feb 1, 2006
Why is this membership so elusive? You're a resident, why cant you just get one?

Yeah, same question as Lyle, what's the deal with this secret society "inner club" that controls the memberships at triggs. I always thought, you paid your money, you could be a member?

Members online