• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Instant Power Move?

We were talking about this a few weeks ago. This move is much too drasitc and handsy for my liking. To hit a long, powerful draw I turn the head over like this but it takes about twice the area in my swing to do it. This would produce a "magic pull" for me.

That's not the way I read it. I think what he is saying is that by bringing the club face back to square just before impact you are adding swingspeed because the club head is rotating at impact. Obviously, timing is critical.

BTW, I tried to do it his way a few times and it got really ugly. :faintthud

yeah that is what I am saying. It would be near impossible to have a consistent swing doing that. Unless you like hooking the ball.

This is another one of those things that you're hard pressed to do consciously, but that happen naturally when your mechanics are sound. Kind of like supination.

This is another one of those things that you're hard pressed to do consciously, but that happen naturally when your mechanics are sound. Kind of like supination.

Right on the spot here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424