• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Integra Quadratics

King Par

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2007
I currently play a Geek DCT and am having a hard time keeping it in play. I'm not looking to work it, I'm not looking to be able to hit different shots on command. I hit my irons great, I just want a driver that will guarantee me that it will go straight and keep me in play.

The Geek DCT is shafted with a UL 440, untipped, playing at 46". I choke up, I play it full length, I change my swing, I just can't get a good shot with this.

I want to experiment. I'll be keeping the Geek Head, just incase, but I want to find something that is stupid forgiving. I've heard good stuff about square drivers and am wondering if this is the same way.

Does anyone have any experience with the Integra Quadratics and how forgiving is it?

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
Does anyone have any experience with the Integra Quadratics and how forgiving is it?

I dunno but I just put one together so I'll hopefully find out soon. I used a shaft I know I like so that's always a step in the right direction. Most everyone I've talked to that has one generally likes them. Not incredibly long but quite forgiving. That's what I am looking for too -- something reasonably long and reliably straight.

It's an experiment for me, didn't cost a lot so we shall see...

Crossfire

PGA Apprentice
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2006
Any of these square drivers and a shaft wayyy too stiff for you, will keep you in play all the time, not very long but whatever.

tournaments on tight courses I play a 9.5 XTD Pro with a XX Epic shaft, tipped 1". It may only be 240-250 off the tee, but it never goes left, EVER.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I had the same problems with the DCT. It seemed too light to me and I couldn't control it. Most square head drivers go straight. Razor up by sssmokin bought a cheapo square head driver and he's hitting that straight. I almost had Lyle make me a Quadratics instead of the Geek. I should have. A square head driver is worth a try. :)

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
First off, King Par, you have to know that there is no driver that will guarantee that everyshot will go straight and keep you in play.

Having said that, the Renegade amazes me with it's ability to keep the ball in play following marginal swings. You really do have to make a horrendous swing to get the ball to do anything but go straight or have a nice gentle power fade. It is BY FAR the most forgiving driver I've ever tried. Combined with a good shaft, you will like it. Spend the $125 at Indacup Golf. You won't regret it. Do it now, because the special lasts until tomorrow.

And again - my 12-deg. plays more like a 10-deg. head.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Another vote for the renegade...

My ball is almost always on line, my only comlaint is that i hit it too high...i hit normal 10º heads just as high so it not the club..its me

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Another vote for Renegade. I have a 10* model that WAS shafted with a UST V2 LD-1 which plays stiff+. Was hitting it straight but distance was short and trajectory low. Before I traded it in for a 12* model I reshafted it with a ProLaunch (gulp) Regular shaft. The Renegade hosel insertion depth is deeper than normal and I believe changed that shaft to an x flex.

Anyway that sucker is LONG and very forgiving. I have hit some of my longest drives of the season with it. Mishits have distance loss but direction is fine. Another issue I had with the driver is because of the shape I was closing down the club face at address. (A tendency of mine). As long as I keep it square at address all is fine.

This driver STAYS in play.

OP
K

King Par

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2007
I was aware of that Eracer. I know it's my swing more than anything, but I want a stiffer shaft, and a more forgiving head. Playing the UL 440 at 46" and 249CPM's, so it's really only a "firm" flex. Just looking for a forgiving head is all. Isn't the Renegade illegal in USGA rules? If it is, I'm not sure it'd be legal here. I'm going to be playing a few tournaments soon.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Playing the UL 440 at 46" and 249CPM's, so it's really only a "firm" flex. Just looking for a forgiving head is all.

What is your wrist to floor measurement in inches? Have you given any thought to maybe cutting your current driver down a little to get more control?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Get a heavier shaft. That 440 is way too light matched with that head.

Try the UL780 or something in the mid 70's range. That heavier weight will help with control. You don't need another driver head.

I hit both Geek DCT's that I built for a friend last night at the range before men's night. One is built with a UL540 in 250cpm and the other has a Rifle Sabre Tour Low in X flex. I was smoking it pretty well. My friend, who is very, very wild off the tee, was absolutely crushing both heads to the degree that he can't decide which head/setup to keep.

The DCT flat out bombs with the right shaft in it. The head is light enough that a heavier shaft won't be your undoing, it will probably help.

R35

OP
K

King Par

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2007
I've choked up an inch, inch and a half, everything. I may tip it an inch or half an inch and see if it plays any better. I'm pretty tall so I thought that 46" would be comfortable, but I'm going to take it down to 45" or maybe even 44 1/2" to see how it plays. If it gives me even 240, straight, then I'll be happy.

It's not out of the bag yet, I've seen what it can do on a few different occasions, it's just that yesterday me and the driver weren't getting along. It was going straight off the tee and then a 20 yd "fade". I had to hit out of trees/rough the most I've ever had to in my entire life.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I was aware of that Eracer. I know it's my swing more than anything, but I want a stiffer shaft, and a more forgiving head. Playing the UL 440 at 46" and 249CPM's, so it's really only a "firm" flex. Just looking for a forgiving head is all. Isn't the Renegade illegal in USGA rules? If it is, I'm not sure it'd be legal here. I'm going to be playing a few tournaments soon.
Good point about the legality. I don't play in tournaments, so I don't even think about it.

Didn't mean to sound critical with the other comment. You did say it, though. I guess I could have ignored that part of the post...but then, I wouldn't have stayed true to my annoying American Yankee ways!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.