• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Interesting Observations

demon

Hybrids are for girls
Oct 29, 2006
Over the weekend after my son and I played a round we decided to go and buy him some more clubs since he only has a 5 club set. We decided to go to edwin watts since they are about a mile from my house and they had a launch monitor (vector). While buying some clubs for my son the sales guy was bothering me with with one of the Hibore he was trying to get rid of saying it is the best club on the market today. I told him that I played three different drivers and he said that he guaranteed that I would hit the Hibore farther than any of the other three. I ran out to the truck and picked out my Nike SQ, Titleist 905R, and Taylormade 320. All three clubs have different shafts and I only carry them with me because they just sit in the back of the truck along with my other two three woods.

First I hit the Hibore about 10 shots and It was a nice consistent 160+ ball speed 115mph club head speed. About 14 - 15* launch angle. I then hit my 905R and with similar results 13 - 14* launch angle 160+ ball speed 114 - 116mph club head speed. I didnt even bother with the Nike because the 905R is always in the bag now. So I then wanted to try my Taylormade 320 w/ Fujikura Vista Pro 9.5* tipped shaft. I consistently had no more than 158mph ball speed and club head speed was 117- 120mph launch angle was never above 13* but most were 12*. I knew I was about 10 yards short with the Taylormade over my 905R but now I know why. Even though the huge 460cc head of the 905R is bigger and has a higher MOI it has to cut more air on your downswing and you lose club head speed, but the ball speeds were greater even though at times I lost as much as 5mph.

I know I am sound like a driver ho know but that new Nike Sumo is sounding kind of interesting if i can get my club head speed up another 3mph and hopefully get a little higher ball speed from the supposed higher MOI with the new club.

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States
Which did you hit further, the Hibore or 905R? What about dispersion? Word around here is that the Hibore is very straight, but not as long.

OP
demon

demon

Hybrids are for girls
Oct 29, 2006
Which did you hit further, the Hibore or 905R? What about dispersion? Word around here is that the Hibore is very straight, but not as long.

I hit the 905R only 3 yards max farther. Dispersion was the same, all down the center with maximum of 100 spin rate. With that spin rate I only would have barely sliced or drew the ball with my Taylormade 320 since it is rolled and bulged. I like to work the ball with the driver and it is much easier to do with the 905R compared to the Hibore and SQ, but if i really want to cut it the TM 320 is the ticket.

OP
demon

demon

Hybrids are for girls
Oct 29, 2006
So what was your take on the HiBore?

I didnt like the look of it plus I am happy with my 905R, the salesman was just wasting Vector time with me because the only way I would have walked out of there with a Hibore was if he was going to give it to me.

🔥 Latest posts