• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Interesting...

nixdad

Mar 4, 2008
Now I know a lot of you don't subscribe to or just hate the golf magazines out there, but I read something that could add yards to your drives. Keep in mind, I've never had a golf lesson and am self taught. I like listening to golf shows and also likek reading magazine articles. Mostly, I attempt to imitate golf swings. I like taking a little from what I think might help me from others.

An article I read in Golf magazine talked about launch angle. It was in simplified terms. Very easy to understand. It compared drives from JB Holmes and Tiger, the carry and final distance. They had virtually the same swing speed, but JB's ball stayed in the air a little longer and carried a little further.

The article talked about teeing the ball higher and playing it 3-4 inches forward of your left heel. It also talked about the 45 degree shaft angle and hand placement.

Well, yesterday I tried it on the range. POW! I normally hit a fairly long ball for my stature. I carry the ball usually about 260-270 off the tee. Yesterday, trying to apply those moves, I was busting drives that seemed to stay air born forever. And they weren't sky balls. These balls were easily carrying 270-280. And that was with range balls. I took a ball out of my shag bag for the last range shot of the day. I smacked that thing and it must have carried 290. That's right, carried! I'm not a big guy at 5'08" and 160 so that kind of distance really brought a smile to my face.

If you're looking for yardage off the tee, I would recommend reading that article. Try it, you'll like it.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.