• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Internet radio

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
I'm sure all you tech nerds would know about something like this, but for everyone else I thought I'd share. I'm listening to streaming radio right now from something called Pandora. You go to the site (pandora.com) and enter in a band you like. It then build you a radio station and plays stuff you would like commercial free for free!

I've been listening for an hour, entering in "Foo Fighters" for the band. The selections have been awesome! If you don't like a song, you can reject it and it will not play it again.

Thought I would post this because its a great idea, and is worth a listen.

Dusty90

Another Canuck
May 6, 2007
You got me all excited, only to realize that due to some licensing agreement, they cannot play anything in Canada. Oh well, it was worth a shot

DouginGA

dont tread on me
Dec 8, 2005
Love pandora!!! when my son was working with me this summer he would get pandora on his iphone, use his fm transmitter, and we would have a combination of gorillaz and marley on the jobsite boom box.

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
I'm sure all you tech nerds would know about something like this, but for everyone else I thought I'd share. I'm listening to streaming radio right now from something called Pandora. You go to the site (pandora.com) and enter in a band you like. It then build you a radio station and plays stuff you would like commercial free for free!

I've been listening for an hour, entering in "Foo Fighters" for the band. The selections have been awesome! If you don't like a song, you can reject it and it will not play it again.

Thought I would post this because its a great idea, and is worth a listen.

Did not know about this site. I tried it last night.

THANKS
Pandora is so Kooool

I am impressed. My favorite artists not are played regularly on traditional radio and certainly not on the same station. Johnny Winter, Billie Holiday, J. Geils, Devo, Cassandra Wilson, Maria Muldaur, Artie Shaw, Elvis Costello, The Andrew Sisters, Joan Jett,and Patsy Cline for example. Now,These guys are just a click away for me. And I can put them all in one playlist and I can let the site jump from one genra to another surprising me with the next artist.

I repeat. SO VERY KOOOOOL

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Pandora is very cool. Keep in mind that internet radio can be a network bandwidth hog.

🔥 Latest posts