• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

iPhone - How is it?

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia

True - Awesome, how you liking it so far? Feel free not to answer anything personal here but you go plan or buy outright. Which provider are you with? Are MB included in your package etc? Do you get 3G coverage where you are? etc.

Lefty, I was fortunate to have it provided by my work. I'm with the vodaphone network & all good so far. I have my home email & work email routed through it. As for apps, I'm still getting up to speed but last night I went to the Broncos vs Cowboys game (a big season opening rugby league game for those outside Australia) & a girl sitting beside me had an iphone with heaps of apps on it. I asked her about it & she said her dad owns an Optus franchise & she gets tons for free. Lucky girl.

Yep, I like the phone so far. I can't help you with info about the data package because its all done through work.

OP
LeftyHoges

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
Wow, thanks everyone.

Well I gotta say at this stage if the rumours are true (thanks King Par) that I may just have enough restraint in me to hold out for the iPhone 3rd gen. I'd forgotten about the copy & paste issue too.

Cheers everyone, buyers remorse avoided (for now)... :p

My current phone contract expires in July so hopefully there will be a 3rd gen by then. But that would be too easy wouldn't it????

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I have the Samsung Instinct... which is just Sprint's version of the i-phone. It's neat and powerfull.. but eh, the new wears off of it. Now I think I'd rather just have a small phone.

Im kinda with ya on that. At the same time my wife got the iPhone, I picked up an LG Shine- nice, compact little slider phone that takes decent pics. It does way more than I really need but after getting used to it- I like it. The iPhone is just to much for me, money wise and techiewise (I think I just made up a new word LOL).

OP
LeftyHoges

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
Looks like your 'issues' have been addressed Lefty....

http://www.macworld.com/article/139438/iphone30user.html

Thanks Sling, forgot this press event was happening.

Pros:
* So, cut and paste is fixed.
* MMS is fixed.
* Third party apps solved.
Cons:
* Still have the battery ordeal (I can live with that)
* Still a crappy camera (can live with that too)
* Bluetooth works between other phones but not iphone to computers with bluetooth, correct? (pretty crappy if true, don't like cables, always lose them.)
* Sync with Itunes for music (This was never going to be fixed, so won't complain about this one)

I think the pros just outweigh the cons that I had, plus all the other stuff on there is ultra cool so might be time to go a purchasin'.

So all these updates that are happening (rumoured to be summer) are just a firmware / software update, and will work perfectly fine on the 2nd Gen iPhone?

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.