• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Iphone...scored some points...

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
So AT&T took over one of the wireless companies here in VT-Unicel, not sure if anybody has heard of them as they seem to be fairly local and definitely not one of the big boys. Anyway as soon as my wife heard that AT&T was coming into the state she started talking about how much she wanted an Iphone. Before that she had wanted an Ipod Touch but I was able to hold her off from buying one. Anyway yesterday we went to the wireless store, man they were busy, and switched over from Unicel to AT&T. No termination fees or activation fees since they took over our provider, which was nice.

She got the ipone, which seems like a pretty good deal at $199 for the 8gb given that its a phone and the Ipod touch, and I got an LG Shine-which does WAY more than I need but it was cheap. Service is still the same, actually better with their coverage and rollover minutes and I get a Coporate discount since I work at Citi....for now. Anyway scored some points for getting her the iphone even though it cut into my ho'ing significantly-small price to pay.

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
You got a shine you ham handed Goliath? My kid has one and it's like picking up an M&M. :D

I have an Iphone and it is the greatest phone ever! The apps are incredible.
Take back the shine and get an Iphone. :)

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
You got a shine you ham handed Goliath? My kid has one and it's like picking up an M&M. :D

LOL, I didn't want to spend that much cash on new phones. We just switched from Verizon to Unicel over the summer and had to pay out for phones then After the mail in rebate the shine was only $25. That I can handle but since the iphone is SO popular there was NO discount...period. Besides its more important for HER to be happy, that way she leaves me alone when buying golf clubs
icon10.gif

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006

Sling,

I let my wife read this thread and naturally she now wants to know what Apps you would recommend? She didn't specify and when I asked "what types of apps she was looking for" she just said ask him what he recommends....so I guess what do you recommend? LOL

King Par

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2007
I was thinking about an iPhone but the mobile company that carries them charges way too much for the monthly bill. It's something like $75 to start, with the bare minimum of everything. Yet if I go to another carrier, get a smart phone, I could have a decent plan for $55 or so.

They're definitely nice phones though.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I was thinking about an iPhone but the mobile company that carries them charges way too much for the monthly bill. It's something like $75 to start, with the bare minimum of everything. Yet if I go to another carrier, get a smart phone, I could have a decent plan for $55 or so.

They're definitely nice phones though.

Yeah they are definitely not cheap. We got into a family talk plan, 700 min for like 69.99. 700 min is plenty as most of our talking is between my wife and I. We also had to get the Iphone data plan for $30/mo plus another $10/mo for 200 text messages each, which again is plenty. I get a 22% discount on the monthly minute plan so it puts us to about where we were with the old company...

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
If your Shine is GPS capable, check out TeeDroid, I've got it on my Blackberry and love it.

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
yup. I have teedroid.....oh, wait, your wife won't like that one.
I have ocarina, she will like that one for awhile.

I got a great calculator that works in inches and feet.....nah, not for her.

I have several games that keep me mildly amused while waiting in doctors offices and the like, darts is my favorite.

Weatherbug
Some interesting GPS apps
A drink app that lists drink recipies for like 3000 different cocktails
Sportacular...this is a sling fav. Total scores, scheduleas and stats for all popular sports, NFL, MLB, NCAA, golf, soccer....great free app.
get PBJtime......goofy, fun app.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
get PBJtime......goofy, fun app.

That cracked me up. Now my wife is bitchin' though that she has the song stuck in her head and wants to do the little dance. Seriously though, that was pretty funny.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
That cracked me up. Now my wife is bitchin' though that she has the song stuck in her head and wants to do the little dance. Seriously though, that was pretty funny.

Its my main ringback, hehehe.

🔥 Latest posts