• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

IPOD or other brand?

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
My youngest daughter wants an IPOD for her birthday and I just started looking around.

There seems to be quite a few brands to choose from but it looks like IPOD has the lions share of the market. The sales guy at the store was favoring IPODs over everything else, primarily I think because of the accessories.

For those who have them, is it worth the extra to get one or would she be just as happy with another less expensive brand?

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
or would she be just as happy with another less expensive brand?

Dave, dave, dave......I am suprised at you!

I thought you were an experienced parent. You already know the answer, don't you?

Rosmo

All around nice guy
Apr 22, 2005
The Ipod shuffles are pretty cool, depending on the size that you want to go with. I can't beleive I'm going to say this but Dell's large mp3 players are pretty good as well.

If its me I'm getting an IPOD just for the street cred :beach3:

Woosey

Handicap is to high!!
Mar 23, 2005
ive got an IPOD, 3g 20 GB i use 10Gb for music and the other 10 for carting round files ;)

cant beat them IMO, my mate has the ipod photo, so nice!!!

Kilted Arab

Apr 30, 2005
DaveE said:
My youngest daughter wants an IPOD for her birthday and I just started looking around.

There seems to be quite a few brands to choose from but it looks like IPOD has the lions share of the market. The sales guy at the store was favoring IPODs over everything else, primarily I think because of the accessories.

For those who have them, is it worth the extra to get one or would she be just as happy with another less expensive brand?

IPOD.

My fave accessory is the wee gadget that lets you play the ipod over your car stereo.

Imagine the look on your wee lassies face..."Daddy, all I want is an IPOD...all my friends have one...wee Jeannie got a Samsung, and all the girls laughed at her...please Daddy, an IPOD...please...?"

Birthday comes, Daddy has scrimped and bought a cheapo. Imagine the tears, the disappointment...let down by her Daddy....

Do you really have a choice here?

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Bingo KA!

I just used alot fewer words trying to get Dave to come to the correct conclusion in all of this. :)

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
Well, I can understand the question...I have a Creative Zen Micro, which I bought after looking at the rest of them and determining that it was the best for the price for me. I really wanted to have a FM tuner on mine though, because the gym that (don't) go to uses localized FM stations to listen to whatever's on the various TVs, so if golf is on while I'm there, I can watch if I'm interested.

I do have one small beef with mine though, and that's that the "touch" device used to change songs, etc, can be a bit of a bother if you're trying to do stuff on the move, if you're just sitting or whatever...no problem. Good machine though. My bro has an Ipod Mini and seems to like it fine.

OP
DaveE

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Slingblade61 said:
Dave, dave, dave......I am suprised at you!

I thought you were an experienced parent. You already know the answer, don't you?

LOL, you can always tell who the guys are with daughters. No matter how hard we try, in the end they have us wrapped and they know it.

Thanks for the responses everyone. I guess I'll go ahead and get the Ipod. It's not a lot more expensive and more importantly I've been told it comes in pink. :faintthud

mediaguru

Feb 13, 2005
My 11 year old daughter thought I was cool becuase I have an iPod.

Let's put it this way:

A yugo will get you to the store.

A BMW will get you to the store in style. It will get you there faster. It has more features. It is tougher. It will get you there more times. It will sell for more used.

OP
DaveE

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Well it looks like we have a winner. After trying to do my research it ends up coming down to these two very important features.

1. It's pink.
2. It says ipod on the label.

Why couldn't I have sons. I'm such a puss. :(

CKGuY914

simplicity vs complexity
Apr 8, 2005
DaveE said:
Well it looks like we have a winner. After trying to do my research it ends up coming down to these two very important features.

1. It's pink.
2. It says ipod on the label.

Why couldn't I have sons. I'm such a puss. :(

hahaha, what's wrong with girls? I think I would favor a daughter much more over a son

You made a good choice, I've personally owned 3 ipods (2nd generation, 3rd generation, green iPod mini) and they're quality products, I can't imagine myself owning anything else.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.