• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Irish(es) tell us about this course...

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Road Trip to Ireland????

Here Dave - famous gerry Adams quote - we know where you live Mr. Ireland!!

Count me in on a RC alternative. Noley and Stripper are Celts. Not sure about social fit though. Any thoughts about letting them inside the ropes on this?

I've actually been thinking (and I need Dave to hold me hand here) about orgainising something for you guys to visit the Emerald Isle some time next Autumn (Fall) 2005.

Need to think this one through but how does 5-7 rounds of golf sound (Portstewart, Portrush, Royal Co. Down, Portmarnock (Links), The Island, and some place called Hollywood Rocks??). Staying in B&Bs, hiring a bus or just a few cars etc. Throw in some food, a lot of drink and gambling and we would be onto something.

If there's an appetite, I'll put together some real costs but ballpark for 10 days and 7 rounds of golf

£350 greens fees
£250 rooms
£100 transport round Ireland

$1,200 plus your flight to / from Dublin.

Dave and I would share the organisation / logistics (right??). Probably need at least 6 guys (plus us 2) to make the trip a reality.

Thoughts on this happening?

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
Dave Ireland said:
Tailored bicycle shorts ?? .... and as you've no pockets in the lycra. everyone can see yer balls.......we're not talking Prov's
I'll have to check my balls with Czar over at GR. I would hate to break the code and have my only set confiscated at customs. Where have the good ol' days gone where they only asked you to spread your cheeks?!

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
IrishGolfer said:

Count me in on a RC alternative. Noley and Stripper are Celts. Not sure about social fit though. Any thoughts about letting them inside the ropes on this?

I've actually been thinking (and I need Dave to hold me hand here) about orgainising something for you guys to visit the Emerald Isle some time next Autumn (Fall) 2005.

Need to think this one through but how does 5-7 rounds of golf sound (Portstewart, Portrush, Royal Co. Down, Portmarnock (Links), The Island, and some place called Hollywood Rocks??). Staying in B&Bs, hiring a bus or just a few cars etc. Throw in some food, a lot of drink and gambling and we would be onto something.

If there's an appetite, I'll put together some real costs but ballpark for 10 days and 7 rounds of golf

£350 greens fees
£250 rooms

Dave and I would share the organisation / logistics (right??). Probably need at least 6 guys (plus us 2) to make the trip a reality.

I'll start squirreling away the money now. I'll quit eating, secretly quit smoking, and forgo the gentlemen's club so the wife doesn't miss the cash. :)

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
IrishGolfer said:

£350 greens fees
£250 rooms

Irish -

I Am VERY interested in this. I have tried for many years to get my traveling group to make a trip over the pond....We've talked repeatedly bout playing St. Andrews and just cannot get people to move on it.

I will make enquiries with several of my friends here and believe I can put together several players. I have heard so much about the Irish courses from locals here who have played them. Nothing but gushing comments.

Thank You for the invitation.

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
Bravo said:
Irish -

I Am VERY interested in this. I have tried for many years to get my traveling group to make a trip over the pond....We've talked repeatedly bout playing St. Andrews and just cannot get people to move on it.

I will make enquiries with several of my friends here and believe I can put together several players. I have heard so much about the Irish courses from locals here who have played them. Nothing but gushing comments.

Thank You for the invitation.

Yep guys just to back up Irish and Bravo .... myself and Irish have had some private mails on the likelihood and logistical issues with regard to a RC type event here next Fall. When someone formulates a bigger plan we'll set the wheels in motion Emerald-side.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.