• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Irish vs. Texas showdown!

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
No,no we're not talking ND vs.the Longhorns. It's our own Irishgolfer coming to Texas to take on DaveE and any other Shottalkers who'd like to join us.

IG has a long layover on his way to California and with many thanks to obagain we're going to be able to get a game in. He's coming in on 1/21 and we're looking at a tee time around noon that day. Ob has suggested Hawks Creek in Ft. Worth.

Don't we have some others guys from around there?

Here's the deal. Irish is still turkeyless despite his undefeated record agains't fellow shottalkers. I'll put up a turkey if he really wants one but I'm thinking a bottle of whiskey makes more sense. And I'll need strokes, lot of them.

My index has ballooned to an 18.2 so we'll have to see what IGs is these days. Does it make more sense to bet on the match or how many times IG will whip it out during the round? I hope there's plenty of trees on this course.

What's everybody think? Who wants to play? Chime in please. :usflag:

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I'm in.

Oh wait, Canada. Right.

I'm out.

Where's my Warbird? :D

R35

token_hottie

token_mommy... oops!
Jan 12, 2006
whip it good

"Does it make more sense to bet on the match or how many times IG will whip it out during the round?"

Is he "whipping it out" because he frequently doesn't make it past the ladies tee, or do you guys play different than I do?

I'll be in TX the weekend of Feb. 4, but in the Austin area, not Ft. Worth.

OP
DaveE

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
token_hottie said:
"Does it make more sense to bet on the match or how many times IG will whip it out during the round?"

Is he "whipping it out" because he frequently doesn't make it past the ladies tee, or do you guys play different than I do?

I'm gonna let him explain it. :p

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
token_hottie said:

Ha, this is great. 4 posts and she already knows of Mark's worldly status as a course streaker. Or flasher. LOL.

IG whips is out at the drop of a hat. I can't (thankfully) vouch that it's happened to me in person, but there have been many recounted stories of such event. The mental scars will never heal. :D

We play "dickouts" for a topped drive that doesn't make the ladies teebox. Not literally, but you get a good lashing should you be so unfortunate.

Do ladies have such childish games if they drub a drive?

R35

token_hottie

token_mommy... oops!
Jan 12, 2006
All I'm gonna say is I have flashed more than just a smile out on the course. It wasn't because of a bad shot though, I think the rum had more to do with it than anything!

I love this game...

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
And you're living where again? I think I have some Airmiles burning a hole in my wallet...:prop:

A rummy, hey? No hardstuff for me on the course. Beer only. When it's hot, the last thing I need is hard stuff. I have enough trouble keeping on track when I'm sober!

TH, what clubs are you playing? (I totally threadjacked this thread, but Dave's a decent guy. :D)

R35

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
Dave..IG

I'd love to join you if there's room, just double the number of strokes DaveE gets & that'll work for me.:)

OP
DaveE

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
wirehair said:
Dave..IG

I'd love to join you if there's room, just double the number of strokes DaveE gets & that'll work for me.:)

Great, you'd be #3 so there's plenty of room. I'll let you know as details become more clear.

token_hottie

token_mommy... oops!
Jan 12, 2006
I don't think anyone's going to be able to coax me out on the course until at least April, so you can save up those airmiles for a few more months.

As far as my clubs, I have a standard ladies set by RAM, 1,3,5,7 woods, 4-SW, putter. Nothing fancy. I need a lot more practice before my clubs make a difference in my swing!

To save face, I was at least mixing the rum with coke...

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
token_hottie said:
To save face, I was at least mixing the rum with coke...

Pfff....*****! :D

Arizona to CT, hey? That's a big step. I've played golf in Arizona and I know someone from CT, is that sorta the same? :)

You mentioned you used to play all year round - membership or pay as you go? What part of Arizona were you from? I've only been in the Phoenix/Yuma area, no where else.

The snow sucks. I feel your pain.

Unlike those dicks in Texas. :mad:

R35

token_hottie

token_mommy... oops!
Jan 12, 2006
I don't want to be a nuisance by posting my life story on this thread, but if you want to get to know me better, feel free to PM me.

obagain

Used club guru
Mar 29, 2005
Rock,
You need to move down here where the women take their clothes off to keep from heat exhaustion.
I love texas summers. :D

OP
DaveE

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
obagain said:
Rock,
You need to move down here where the women take their clothes off to keep from heat exhaustion.
I love texas summers. :D

I keep telling him but he won't listen. Maybe if we had more sheep. :p

🔥 Latest posts