• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Irish vs. Texas showdown!

OP
DaveE

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
IrishGolfer said:
And Dave, tell your Mrs. that I bring back all that underwear and those videos that she left the last time she was over here!! ;)

I was trying to fill an empty whiskey bottle in case I lost. Took me a few visits but I got there. Stick a Black Bush label on it and it's good for export.

I'm really pissed she went all that way without me. If I'd known we could have played a round or two over there. Not to mention if would have saved your missus from having to make her way all the way to TX.

I was having a little trouble deciding the brand of whiskey to bring until now. I'll be sure to drink plenty of coffee this week so you can enjoy a bottle of Dave's Special Blend. :p

IG, what's your index these days.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
DaveE said:
IG, what's your index these days.

My exact is 5.6, which rounds nicely up to 6. You are 18 right, so that's 12 shots, 6-a-side. Boy, my mother doesn't get this many shots!!! We'll need to get IBM in just to keep a tally of the shots!

You also planning to play from the ladies tees? How about you just kick me in the balls as well?

OP
DaveE

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Rockford35 said:
I would take this Dave. Sounds like the best deal.:D

R35

I'm thinking once before every tee shot. Wirehair and I can take turns. :eek:

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Full shots, Marko ?! You playing off the Back tees, then ? Usually 3/4 of the diff. unless you're playing off the tiger's.

Good luck, btw. May the best man (?) (lol) win....:D

OP
DaveE

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Andy_79 said:
Full shots, Marko ?! You playing off the Back tees, then ? Usually 3/4 of the diff. unless you're playing off the tiger's.

Good luck, btw. May the best man (?) (lol) win....:D

Aren't you the same guy who was making the point that my 18 would be more like a 24 in the UK. If you're right then I should be getting more strokes not less. ;)

Of course, I suppose kicking him in the balls before every tee shot will even things out. :D

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
DaveE said:
Of course, I suppose kicking him in the balls before every tee shot will even things out. :D

Of course, this will hopefully limit the number of times "it" gets whipped out on the course.

Hopefully.

R35

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
Well now! I get back into town & find all this trash talk. OK.

Thar's a little problem with East Texas Whiskey. It comes in quart jars & there's not usually a lot of revenoor stamps on it, I'm sure that real East Texas whiskey would be confiscated by the airport folks onna count its purty flammable. I'm bettin' we can find some of that back-east, sissy, store-bought, brown whiskey for ya though. Unless you'd rather me bring a nice bottle of sloe gin or mebbe some grape flavored vodka.

I'm also think I'll need about 9 a side to keep it interesting. That may sound like a lot, but remember I've got a broke foot, a bad back, can't see & Titleist mentioned me in their lastest marketing plan when they were predicting reasons for increasing their golf ball sales forecasts. You won't have any problem with 18 as soon as you see my slow, fat-old-man, over-the-top, blocking out, reverse pivot motion that passes for a golf swing.

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
Rockford35 said:
Of course, this will hopefully limit the number of times "it" gets whipped out on the course.

If he does that around here & there's any ladies present it might get shot off. We're pretty protective of our women folk 'round these parts.

token_hottie

token_mommy... oops!
Jan 12, 2006
Let me see if I've got the story straight up to this point....

He's going to whip it out, and if there are any ladies around, he's going to shoot it off while he's at it...?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
token_hottie said:
Let me see if I've got the story straight up to this point....

He's going to whip it out, and if there are any ladies around, he's going to shoot it off while he's at it...?

:biglol:

Oh, IG. This is grand now...

R35

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
wirehair said:
If he does that around here & there's any ladies present it might get shot off. We're pretty protective of our women folk 'round these parts.

Let's hope they are expert marksmen. Rumors are that "it's" a pretty small target. :D

OP
DaveE

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
wirehair said:
I'm also think I'll need about 9 a side to keep it interesting. That may sound like a lot, but remember I've got a broke foot, a bad back, can't see & Titleist mentioned me in their lastest marketing plan when they were predicting reasons for increasing their golf ball sales forecasts.

Ok, here's how things look then.

Irish will bring his considerable skills but receive no strokes and will play with obagain's clubs. There's been no mention of it but I wouldn't be surprised if he packs a cup.

I will bring my less than considerable skill & ibuprofin for my back but get to use my own clubs and receive 12 strokes.

Wirehair will bring his bad back, broken foot, poor eyesight and large supply of Titleist golf balls and receive 18 strokes.

Looks like Irish has us right where he wants us. :p

🔥 Latest posts