• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Irish vs. Texas showdown!

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Irish,

Any plans for all the whiskey you'll be bringing home? You can always throw a bottle in with the Warbird if you'd like...:D

R35

LBCGolf

Nov 15, 2005
Eeeek! 5.6 my ass.

IG can shoot 6 over hung over, jetlagged and if you lent him a set of hickory shafted Lady Cobras. I got 5 a side last year on a course I knew intimately and he smoked me like Texas brisket.

You coming my way? Still swinging that POS 975J I sold you last year? I might let you borrow a set of MP-32s I'm ready to throw into the wood chipper.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
LBC,

If you're ridding yourself of those nasty, nasty Mp-32's, i'll take the heads off you if you're "throwing them away".

Once, IG has used them to wax you again, of course....:D

R35

OP
DaveE

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
LBCGolf said:
Eeeek! 5.6 my ass.

IG can shoot 6 over hung over, jetlagged and if you lent him a set of hickory shafted Lady Cobras. I got 5 a side last year on a course I knew intimately and he smoked me like Texas brisket.

You coming my way? Still swinging that POS 975J I sold you last year? I might let you borrow a set of MP-32s I'm ready to throw into the wood chipper.

And I'll be playing him on a course neither of us have seen following a 4 hr. drive. Good thing I like brisket. Maybe I'll try to sneak my old set of left handed clubs into obs bag.

edit: Rockford you ho, you haven't even played a round with your 30s yet.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
2 rounds with them, Dave. 2 rounds. Pay attention! :D

I just figured that if LBC was throwing away those POS 32's, I might use them as book ends or something.

R35

LBCGolf

Nov 15, 2005
Did I mention he did this wearing flat-bottom walking shoes on very wet grass?

Unfortunately the 32s are not for sale. I plan to torture it in my garage the same way it has tortured me on the golf course.

OP
DaveE

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
LBCGolf said:

Wet grass he's use to, we're suppose to be sunny and low 60s. He won't know what to make of that. :D

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
LBCGolf said:
Eeeek! 5.6 my ass.

LB's not the first guy to mention something like this. It's starting to sound like IG's one of those squinty-eyed guys that carry a 1 iron, and has a bright white left hand & a dark tan right hand. I guess that 18's not gonna be enough. We probably outta give Dave 18 & me 24 or so. Dave, ya think we outta have a vote?

Ya think that OB's got a set of hickory shafted lady cobras?

BTW, did I mention that I have 2 bad knees & a $7 haircut?

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
LBCGolf said:

Hey, they were my best shoes! :)

LBCGolf said:
Still swinging that POS 975J I sold you last year? I might let you borrow a set of MP-32s I'm ready to throw into the wood chipper.

Yeah I still hit it from time to time. Shorter shaft hits it low and straight. I'm in San Jose w/c 23 Jan. Bit of a hike to LBC which is a shame. I'd love to hit those MP-32s. Forget Rock, if you decide to get rid of them I'm yer man, cool? Don't torture them too much!!

I might be in LA later this year. I'll PM you if anything materialises. How's the game? I saw that cool pic you posted of you and Scotty Cameron. Bastard!!

LBCGolf

Nov 15, 2005
Ah... well then you should have renamed that thread where you were having difficulties with your travel arrangements, "Do you know the way to San Jose."

ok that was lame.

The game is hit & miss. I have a few serious-ish tourneys coming up in the next 3 months and I've been playing a little bit. Just when I think I got a handle on things and play a decent round, the swing goes down the toilet and I throw up a monster number. The problem with the 32s is lack of distance on the longer irons, not forgiveness. From 6 iron down I'm anywhere between 1/2 club to 1 1/2 club shorter. Sweet contact rainbow draws that I think will land dead on the stick come up 10 to 20 yards short.

Just waiting for the UPS guy to deliver my new Ping i5s today. Problem solved.

Yeah, give me a jingle when you're headed my way.

OP
DaveE

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Lil' help please.

I've been thinking about our match Saturday and trying to come up with a fair format. Obviously match play is out since there's three of us.

But, I was thinking Stableford scoring might be an ok choice too. I think it would be nice to have a format that doesn't knock someone out of it because of one or two blow up holes. I figure IG's gonna kick our ass anyway but why not try to make it interesting.

What do you guys think?

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
DaveE said:
Lil' help please.

I've been thinking about our match Saturday and trying to come up with a fair format. Obviously match play is out since there's three of us.

Why so ?! Never heard of "Round Robin ?" Great game if there are three of you playing. Work out the shots then simply play against each other, so you have two chances to win, lose or draw. One of my fav. games, actually...

obagain

Used club guru
Mar 29, 2005
If you want an unfair advantage tell IG he can't drink on the course.:D
The course you are playing is not too difficult, as long as you stay in the fairway.
Why not play the 2 of you, best ball aginst IG?

OP
DaveE

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
obagain said:
If you want an unfair advantage tell IG he can't drink on the course.:D
The course you are playing is not too difficult, as long as you stay in the fairway.
Why not play the 2 of you, best ball aginst IG?

I was thinking we'd let him drink all he wanted but only let him pee at the turn. He'd have to forfeit for sure.

The way I was playing yesterday, I'm not sure I could help beat him if we played a 2 man scramble agains't him.

🔥 Latest posts