• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Irish vs. Texas showdown!

LBCGolf

Nov 15, 2005
Yeah I think the 2 of you best ball against IG straight up no strokes sounds pretty fair.

Bwaaaaahaaaaahaaaaahaaaaa!

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
IG,

Make sure to check with the airline that the amount of whiskey you're bringing back off these guys isn't classified as "Bulk Importing", wherein you'd need a license.

:biglol:

R35

OP
DaveE

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Rockford35 said:
IG,

Make sure to check with the airline that the amount of whiskey you're bringing back off these guys isn't classified as "Bulk Importing", wherein you'd need a license.

:biglol:

R35

No problem, he's gonna want to drink mine before he ever gets home. :p
whiskey.jpg

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
Age & treachery will always defeat youth & skill.

I've been working on my foot mashie & the ever popular lost-ball/found-ball technique (I have 8 Titleist #3's in my bag). Don't lose sight of the fact that a fellow Texan (OB) is providing clubs that have been specially prepared for IG. We've also talked of kicking him in the balls and shooting at "it" (we're really playing in Fort Worth so that's not a problem). Also, Ima keep score. :)

OP
DaveE

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
wirehair said:
Age & treachery will always defeat youth & skill.

I've been working on my foot mashie & the ever popular lost-ball/found-ball technique (I have 8 Titleist #3's in my bag). Don't lose sight of the fact that a fellow Texan (OB) is providing clubs that have been specially prepared for IG. We've also talked of kicking him in the balls and shooting at "it" (we're really playing in Fort Worth so that's not a problem). Also, Ima keep score. :)

I really think we have a good chance here. All we have to do is give him the left handed lady's clubs, take full stokes, play a 2 man scramble us vs. Irish, let you keep score and kick him in the balls before every tee shot.

Who says Americans don't play fair? :p

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
What are the rules for a two-man scramble, dave ? Sounds as if Mark could be in bother if that's the plans will be......especially if you are to kick 'im in the balls, too...! :D

OP
DaveE

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Andy_79 said:
What are the rules for a two-man scramble, dave ? Sounds as if Mark could be in bother if that's the plans will be......especially if you are to kick 'im in the balls, too...! :D

If we did it, it would mean that both wirehair and I would take a shot and then choose the best of the two to use. Can't really do that, even against Irish it wouldn't be fair.

Not to mention how humiliating it would be to play that way and still lose. :)

LBCGolf

Nov 15, 2005
DaveE said:
I really think we have a good chance here. All we have to do is give him the left handed lady's clubs, take full stokes, play a 2 man scramble us vs. Irish, let you keep score and kick him in the balls before every tee shot.

He's not that good. You only need to do 4 of the 5 things you suggested to beat him.

Not scramble but best ball straight up would be interesting. Play your own balls and take the better score of the two on every hole.

No shame in losing that way... much. ;)

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
DaveE said:

Ok, now that that's settled, how many strokes should we get? You were thinking about 12, I was thinking about 18. Combined that'll make 30. That outta work.

Oh, if we miss when we kick him in the balls, should we get a Mulligan?

obagain

Used club guru
Mar 29, 2005
If only 1 of you misses kicking him in the balls you get a mulligan but if you both miss on the same tee it is a stroke penalty. :)

🔥 Latest posts