• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

iron help!

B

BuckeyeGolf

My knowledge of irons is limited. I grew up learning to play golf with my dad's Ping Eye 2's, and to this day I still have them. While I love the ping's, and I plan on keeping them, I'm possibly looking at a new set of irons. I see that Mizuno's get high praises on this forum...my handicap fluctuates from a 5 to 10 (depending on the season). Obviously I'm just going to need to get out and demo some clubs, but my fear is that my ball striking may not be good enough for a blade iron. Basically I'm just looking for as many different people's input on what a good set of irons are for a somewhat lower-handicapped golfer. At this point, I don't even know what type of brand I prefer, let alone the specifics like a certain model. Thanks

mediaguru

Feb 13, 2005
Don't fool yourself. Today's blades aren't THAT hard to hit. I'm particular to Hogans. The "feel" is like no other. Mizuno, titleist, macgreggor and many other companies make great irons.

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
My bro used the Cleveland TA1 blades for some time. Didn't liked it because of the loss of distance and necessity of good ballstriking. So he gave them to me, of which I will never part :p
Seriously, I prefer blades because they are so much smaller and easier to manipulate than other irons. If you're looking for game improvement, get a cavity back or other perimeter weighting clubs. Most of the pros have CB. If you're looking for a swing improvement or you're a good ballstriker, then go for a blade.

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
Mizuno makes more than blades...if you suck like me, there's always the MX-23s, and if you're better but not confident enough for blades, go for the MP-30s, them some sweet looking irons.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online