• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Iron Opinions Needed

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
The deal is done. See sig. (Did I say I shot a 76 today?).... :cool:

Deal IS done... and I get a second chance with S59's. Shoulda never got rid of the ones I had. I did not shoot 76. It'll be cool the next time we get out together. WBL, I suggest you save a few bucks because very shortly (one of these coming weekends) we are treating ourselves to somewhere nice. Geneva National perhaps? I really like that place.

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Those Ci-9's looks great! Hopefully this is a start of a great relationship. 76 is a great score, sounds like they are trying to cement themselves in the bag.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I'll get some pics one of these days. Too busy golfing. Today I had to follow two fathers teaching their teenage daughters how to play golf. On a Sunday. They obviously had never taken them to a range first as they were showing them how to grip the club on the first tee etc etc. How about three hours for nine holes? The ranger came up and asked about them and then made them let me play through while he parked there. They hadn't offered. Then I rolled along until I got to two twosomes that were pretty bad behind two foursomes that were beyond bad. I'm tired.

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
WBL, you should post some pics of the Ci9's since I never did. Don't forget a pic at address.

Allow me to help...................
5803.jpg
5804.jpg
Wilson-Ci9-Irons_600.jpg

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
None of the new irons are appealing to my eye but as long as they work I don't care. Thanks for the pics sssmokin!

They have a reasonably thin top line and not much offset. That's what's appealing to my eye!

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Damn, those ARE sweet. Love the clean, no BS look. These irons quietly say "I'll let my game do the talking".

Absoutely. The trouble with the vast majority of irons these days are inserts and colour. Just got simple. Matte black text, or grey. Something simple.

Those Geotech's are pretty much the extreme. But having the name or emblem of the company etched into the cavity or on the muscle is way cleaner and tighter than a bunch of advertising back there.

Going with Orange or red is ugly as shit. And sticking a decal or emblem onto the back isn't winning any hearts either.

One can argue that looks don't define the stick, it's the performance. I can see that, but if given the choice, they'd change it to suit their needs AND performance in a heartbeat.

R35

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.