• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Iron shaft question

Gaprofitt

Aug 30, 2008
Hi All,

I have a question regarding Iron shafts. About 2 years ago I bought some Mizuno MP60's and was fitted for Rifle Project X 6.0 stiff shafts. Ever since I've had the clubs I have struggled with hooking them, note I am a left handed golfer. I hit them pretty solid but hooked them a bit. I have decided to pickup more of a game improvement iron, I've decided it's stupid to not make the game as easy as possible. I picked up a few demo clubs from the golf store, Cobra FP, Callaway X-20, Ping G-10 and some Wilson Di7 irons. All of them had stiff shafts except for the Ping G-10 which had an AWT regular flex. After hitting about 50 balls with the G-10 I hit maybe 1 hook, yet I was hooking the other clubs. It is possible the lag i'm generating with a more flexible shaft is eliminating my hooks? I'm considering picking up a regular flex set of G-10's on ebay for more testing, I must say I was very impressed. I normally hit pw or 9iron from 150 so I do have a pretty aggressive move toward the ball. I was hitting the ping regular flex 7iron about 175. I'm wondering if the theory fast swing speed = more stiff doesn't apply to me possibly.

Thanks,

Greg

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.