• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Iron suggestions please.

Woosey

Handicap is to high!!
Mar 23, 2005
Right this regripping thing is getting silly, so i have decided to look at some newer clubs, however i will only have about £120 - £150 to spend.

My handicap at this moment is 12, but in all honesty i play a lot better than that with my irons.

My current irons are Taylor Made Burner Oversize, with the Stiff 90gram graphite shaft.

My first though is to maybe moving to steel shafts? I have the ability and strength (im 21 years old!) However past that im a bit stuck. Of course Ebay is going to be my port of call for this price range!

So suggestions for makes/models for me.

Thanks

Chris

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
TM Rac Irons

Woosey,

How about something like these? Since you're a Taylor Made guy, might as well stick with them. These have wide sole and a nice setup. I think you'd like them. And with Rifle 5.0's, I don't think you'd have to worry about the shafts being overly stiff.

R35

OP
Woosey

Woosey

Handicap is to high!!
Mar 23, 2005
Rockford35 said:
TM Rac Irons

Woosey,

How about something like these? Since you're a Taylor Made guy, might as well stick with them. These have wide sole and a nice setup. I think you'd like them. And with Rifle 5.0's, I don't think you'd have to worry about the shafts being overly stiff.

R35

Hey,

thanks for the suggestion! :)

I don't mind moving to another brand, hell i can nail any iron you put in my hands these days (big headed or what!)

For a bit of background im 5ft 11 and Strong ;) However my ball flight is quite low, so i wouldnt mind a bit more height :)

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
:biglol:
SiberianDVM said:
In that case, give yourself a challenge and buy a set of '80s blades. :D

Yea!! Buy those!! Then Youngun and I will have someone else to join us in our agony. Put it this way, unless you can hit your 3 iron 225 yards into an 8ft. circle 25 times in a row, you don't even want to think about blades. Get on those RAC's before I do.

egriffith45

Mar 22, 2006
i picked up a set of titleist dci 990's over the winter on ebay. i paid $125 for 2-pw in good conidition. for the money they are a solid set of clubs that allow good shot workability, and decent forgiveness on miss hits.

OP
Woosey

Woosey

Handicap is to high!!
Mar 23, 2005
you guys in the states get stuff so much cheaper :( $260 gets more than £150

ah well :(

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.