• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Irons that are stupid easy to hit.

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Find a set of good condition used Ping Eye2's for your son. The easiest to hit club I've ever had or ever will have.

figjam

Aug 29, 2007
Wilson Di7. Not only are they stupid easy to hit, but they have been superceded so they are walking out the door. There is no better iron on the market for the money you can pick these up for. And they are top quality too. IMO the best game improvememnt iron, regardless of price. Getting them so cheap nly makes them even sweeter.

halifax_golfer

Jun 26, 2006
Buy the new irons for your son, Not yourself, He's going into a competitive environment. Get him fitted for whatever set you guys choose together, dont just come home with some nice set of irons, let him choose them, and enjoy shopping for them together!!!..

I disliked when my Dad used to choose my hockey gear for me, it never ended up fitting or feeling quite right, but it was too hard to explain to him that I didn't like the stuff he picked.

Fr. Chris.

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
What Would Earl Woods Do (WWEWD)?

HELLO!!! BUY YOUR SON NEW CLUBS!!!

He's going to HS and will be playing against kids who may have better technology. Let your son get what he wants and what fits him best. It will mean strokes off his game and you'll score major Dad points.

As a dad, that is exactly what I was thinking.

justagolfer

Aug 14, 2006
Congratulations on your son getting into HS golf!

I just went through that this year, had the same basic plan as you... He's a freshman and started playing seriously in order to make the HS JV golf team. Gave him my set - upgraded myself.

Fast forward to spring - he made the JV team (tough competition). All the kids are less than a 10, my son is about a 7.5 right now, top kid is probably scratch. Whole team plays blades or players CB's.... and yes it cost me a set of clubs - he's got a split set of TM 2005 CB/MB now...

Just warning ya!

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Congratulations on your son getting into HS golf!

I just went through that this year, had the same basic plan as you... He's a freshman and started playing seriously in order to make the HS JV golf team. Gave him my set - upgraded myself.

Fast forward to spring - he made the JV team (tough competition). All the kids are less than a 10, my son is about a 7.5 right now, top kid is probably scratch. Whole team plays blades or players CB's.... and yes it cost me a set of clubs - he's got a split set or TM 2005 CB/MB now...

Just warning ya!

WOW - their JV is really that good? Where are you from? Congrats to your son.

justagolfer

Aug 14, 2006
WOW - their JV is really that good? Where are you from? Congrats to your son.

From Sacramento. Yes, they are pretty good. I think that they went 14-0 this year, and they were never even challenged. I think that this year the JV team might have been able to beat all of the other Varsity teams except our Varsity who is playing for State at Poppy Hills next week.

My son and all of his golfing buddies..... they piss me off... I should have it so good!

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
Everything I have read is pointing me to the Wishon 870Ti's that are new this year. I totally want to try a few of them.

Ultimate game improvement, extra-hot face, no offset or superthick topline.

Those look awesome - they may have to go on my Christmas list. Any idea on head price?

Eveleth

Iron Ranger
May 21, 2009
Mizuno MX Line of Irons; MX-950 (Hybrid Set), MX-200, MX-100. High quality sticks and very user friendly.

Deej

Jul 20, 2006
Nike Slingshots and Big Bertha 06's are so forgiving, plus the Nikes make a really nice noise!

PeterMan

Jun 21, 2006
Cleveland Launchers...

I have the Launcher LPs and my father in law has the Launchers in graphite, they are a wider sole too, very easy to hit...

RookieJB

May 16, 2009
I have been looking through all the replies and noone has mentioned cobra irons. Some may not agree but reviews say that cobra makes some of the most forgiving and best feeling irons out there. the clubs i have tried which are the cobra fp and fp 2's looked and felt great. i vote them

Robbie101

Loving Life......
Mar 18, 2009
Well, I can personally speak for the Callaway X22's now. OMG how sweet they hit............

Great hitting Iron, very very straight........

JOSEPHLB

Mar 5, 2009
The original Nike Slingshots, from 2004. Not the OS versions.

Rockbottomgolf somehow got some sets, and have them listed for $299, stiff only, in graphite. If I had the extra $299, I would be picking me up a set.. just for the heads alone, and then reshaft.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online