• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Is Ian Poulter a knob?

Was Poulter right to withdraw?

• Absolutely, it would be like trying to play with only one arm. Poor Ian.

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • What a whingng Pomme! Just looking for any excuse!

Votes: 20 76.9%
  • Who's Ian Poulter?

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I'm not understanding most of the euphamisms in this thread.

I don't think he's a knob, and I don't know what that is, but I think there is more to the story.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
I'm not understanding most of the euphamisms in this thread.

I don't think he's a knob, and I don't know what that is, but I think there is more to the story.
As long as you understand that I insulted you, everything else really doesn't matter. :D

Harold

Sep 15, 2007
Sounds like knob territory to me. I'm thinking he visited one of the sweatshops making his clothing line and he was appalled at the conditions and wages they were making. They were too high and too much and thus no tlining his pockets enough. Made him so ill he had to come up with some other excuse. What a pea****.

Cobra is already hard at work on mass manufacturing the new driver. Called the Pea**** Knobdriver it's guaranteed to give everyday golfers yet another excuse for playing shitty.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Since Tiger isn't playing in Shanghai, any win by Poulter would have been meaningless anyway, and would probably have been listed in the golf history books with an *.

* Tiger wasn't here so who cares.

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
I think he was looking for an excuse. So I voted the 2nd choice, even though I have no idea what a whingng Pomme is? :faintthud

But I do find it hard to believe he couldn't find a single driver anywhere that would get him in the fairway?

Ditto. From what slang and etymology I know (and assuming that it's really spelled "whinging,"), I think it transliterates as "whining potato."

Reality had better be more interesting than that.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Since Tiger isn't playing in Shanghai, any win by Poulter would have been meaningless anyway, and would probably have been listed in the golf history books with an *.

* Tiger wasn't here so who cares.

Oh you know that isn't true. Lots of justice has been given to Hodge Podge, and Tiger wasn't there.

niblick

Jun 13, 2007
Earlier this year, Alex Cejka played the third round of the Zurich Classic with a set of rental clubs from the course pro shop, after driving all night to get there. He shot 71 (his best round of the tournament to that point), and tied for 75th after thinking he'd missed the cut.

Poulter is a spineless twit.

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
A whinging pomme is a derogatory term that Australians coined to defame the noble Englishman. Some who whines constantly and blames all their misfortunes on everyone else.

Weather too hot, beer too cold, etc.

See YouTube - Whinging Pomme

David Hillman

Apr 15, 2008
Earlier this year, Alex Cejka played the third round of the Zurich Classic with a set of rental clubs from the course pro shop, after driving all night to get there. He shot 71 (his best round of the tournament to that point), and tied for 75th after thinking he'd missed the cut.

Poulter is a spineless twit.

I was trying to figure out why Cejka's clubs were missing for the _third_ round ( the first round would make more sense ). I Google'd it...

National Club Golfer: Alex Cejka doesn't need clubs

Apparently he went all the way home from Louisiana to Nevada, before returning for the third round... sans clubs. He borrowed a SC from the club manager.

Agreed on Poulter being a knob, twit, or whinging pomme.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Complete knob for using such a crappy excuse. While a replacement driver may not be exactly the same as his, I am sure he could easily have found something that would have worked at least 95% as well.

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
Wow. I just don't get it. Most all of these guys could hit their 3-wood instead and still shoot the same number. They'd be playing from the fairway more often.

Also, if he's already AT THE TOURNAMENT it is all upside. His sponsors pay his entry fee. He will probably have to pay his caddy anyway for showing up. WHY NOT PLAY??? What's the worst he could do, besides having to play a GREAT course for FREE for 2 days? Not make the cut and go home after 2 days not making any money?

He doesn't make any money if he goes home anyway.

If he does play well and make the cut, he has a chance to make about a million bucks this week. He's Ian Poulter, one of the better players in the field. I definitely like his odds of making the cut only hitting 3-wood all week.

It just has to be sweatshop guilt.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.