• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Is my Driver shaft to stiff???

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
The Comp NT is a great shaft, if you can swing it.

Just like the V2, it plays stiff to flex. The V2 especially. I really think that alot of guys can get away with a regular V2 up to 105mph SS. They think they have to go stiff, but that's entirely wrong.

That shaft in the Nike is a noodle. You should try something like the NVS or a graf Blue in regular flex. That might be more up your alley.

The Comp NT is a good shaft, but as Lyle said, there are many shafts out there for the money that are better. I think I remember getting an e-mail from Golfsmith that they are cheaper now, and I'm too lazy to look right now. :D So, if that is true, it's a great shaft for around the same price as the V2.

R35

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I'd heard it was discontinued. Must not be very popular. I guess I'm lucky I found a shaft I really like. I envy you Lyle, and others who have the chance to really get to know the playing characteristics of a lot of the different shaft/head combos on the market. I know it's a wild fantasy (although Callaway is taking the lead) but I'm of the opinion that ALL drivers should be custom made. The cost of a driver should be the head, and a shaft that is chosen through a multi-fit process. Let the clubfitters make money assembling the club. It happens now , but to what percentage of driver sales? Pretty low, I would imagine.

I am a little surprised that the Japanese haven't grabbed this idea, like they did when they taught the US automakers how to manufacture and market cars. There are a lot of parallels between the two industries right now. The US automakers pushed inferior cars upon what they thought was a style-driven market, not even suspecting that US buyers would flock to small, reliable fuel-efficient cars made by a country that 30 years earlier was our sworn enemy. Major golf club manufacturers still flood the market with expensive heads tied to ridiculously inferior OEM shafts, counting on the average golfer to not know how important the shaft is to the performance of the club. There are custom shafts available from the manufacturer, sure, but how many? My Nike Sumo has exactly two.

Component manufacturers are at the forefront, but what is it that keeps most people (myself included) from going down that road? Perhaps that's best left for another discussion.

I like Callaway's Opti-Fit system, and envision a day that when driver shopping, there won't be any pre-built drivers on the shelf; rather, all driver's will be custom made, and each of us can truly find the shaft that is the best "bang for the buck".

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Eraser,

I agree.

I am now starting to use the club connex fitting system. This allows me to have about 10 demo heads, and 15-20 shafts. From there I can pretty much fit anybody. This coupled with my new launch monitor makes my fitting process that much more accurate.

Here is a link to club connex, they are a terrific product and work amazingly well.
CLUB CONNEX FUTURE FIT II

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.