• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Is Taylormade still #1 in wood category in PGA?

Topflite_D2

Titleist Pro V1
Jun 26, 2007
I'm not sure but I seen a ton of people at this weekends tourney wearing Taylor Made Hats.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I heard they were giving like $7500 or something like that to anyone who'd tee off with a TM on Thursday a few years back. That way they'd have the "most used on tour". IMO up to this past year they did have one of, if not the best line of drivers and fwy. woods in the business, not anymore though.

West Coast Duffer

Orange County California
Oct 12, 2007
All you ever see is Taylor Made plastered everywhere, even the Pro Ams the celebrities are all wearing and playing Taylor Made gear. Its all $$$$$$$$$ and marketing.

Topflite_D2

Titleist Pro V1
Jun 26, 2007
Yeah thats what I have right now, haven't hit it outside but it was probably one of the best TM driver heads made.

acarty

Future Pro!
Oct 13, 2007
My mate picked one of those up brand new for £100 ($200ish) and it's the bargain of the century. Has the standard Re-ax stiff in it which is a POS for my swing. But I was still bombing it a mile. He's getting rid, so I'm tempted to put something a lot stronger in there and crush it, but I love the Burner TP right now too much!

flomarilius

Nike staffer :)
Jun 19, 2006
I was using it with a 9.5* head and the reax 60g S shaft. The club is just a nuke. So much for 460 huh?

Topflite_D2

Titleist Pro V1
Jun 26, 2007
Yeah Taylor Made got it right with the r7 425 I can't wait to hit it outside if it as much of a bomb as everyone says.

Members online