• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Is the Superdeep the answer?

bmeye03

club champ
Sep 7, 2010
I have been through countless drivers in the last 2 years. They all resulted in too high of ball flight. The most recent is an FT-3 with a V2. Before that I had an R9 with an prolaunch red. I loved the feel but it was a bad ball flight and no distance. I have heard the superdeep is the cats meow, but want an opinion before I spend the money.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Why not spend your money in lessons instead? You might get a lot more out of it than changing your driver again and again.

Sometimes its not the arrow mate....

OP
B

bmeye03

club champ
Sep 7, 2010
I definitely hear you there, but I have a bunch of shop credit to spend which doesnt translate into lessons. I used to hit the 20 yards farther and wilder, but now its 260 in the fairway with wasted yards in ball flight.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
.... but now its 260 in the fairway with wasted yards in ball flight.

Well then ... lessons still may be the answer. There could be something in your swing that's causing the higher ball flight. I'd take a lesson first & find out. If it's not your driver, you could use the shop credits for something else .... gloves, balls, shoes, clothing, hookers, putter, wedge, etc.

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
I'm not a fan of the Indian not the arrow saying. All the Pro's are fitted for there driver down to the very finest detail. You should go and get a good outdoor fitting with a good LM, spend the money on the driver which gives you the best results in your fitting. The superDeep is super low spin but it's about as forgiving as a scorned Women after you've been caught bedding her Sister!!!

Shafts to try would be a Diamana Whiteboard or the new Project x as these are low launch, low spin shafts which may help.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
You don't need a lesson, you just need less loft and the right shaft mongo

The Superdeep imho is no better than the old 983s or 905s, we have gone full circle now. Its a great head, hit it and was underwhelmed, my Burner TP is no worse

You swop heads all the time but never stray below 9.5. With your swingspeed you could easily try an 8 and take a shaft with a stiffer tip

Bignose

Oct 23, 2006
You don't need a lesson, you just need less loft and the right shaft mongo

I concurr. If the flight really is "too high" then it may be as simple as less loft. A fitting is needed to say definitively.

🔥 Latest posts