• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Is this bad?

gpo

Jun 2, 2008
My wife had gall bladder surgery on 3/6. She was doing real well until yesterday afternoon. Took her to the hospital and she had to stay the night. I got the kids off to school this morning. I was planning on going to the hospital after dropping my youngest off at preschool. My wife called to tell me to stay home because she was going in for a test that would take 2 hours. By the time she was done I would have had to go get my youngest at school.

So I decided to go hit a bucket of balls. Is that bad? I was just going to go sit at home otherwise.

Also note that my mother-in-law was having surgery as well this morning, so no one could be with my kids during the day.

BTW, the doctors think a coupld of gall stones are in my wife and they are going to try to take them out this afternoon. I will get to the hospital when a friend can come watch the kids.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
You're going to Hell.

Or least, you'll wish you were already there, if your wife ever reads this thread.

Whatever you do, DO NOT CONFESS!!!!!!!! Tell her you went home and dusted the mantelpiece or something.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Playing golf might help lower your stress and by doing so, decrease the amount of free adrenalin and corticosteroids in your blood stream, making you a person much more suited to help her and be by her side since she will be in a lot of stress and you are there to sooth her up....

Words from a doctor... lol

OP
gpo

gpo

Jun 2, 2008
Don't worry the wife doesn't know about golf forums. A work laptop is a great thing to have.

Update is they are doing an ERCP test. I guess that is where they stick a scope down your throat and see what is going on in your stomach. I will be heading to the hospital once a friend comes to watch the kids.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
I don't see any problem with it as long as you had a phone or some way for them to get a hold of you. I may have done the same thing as it seems like a reasonable way to take your mind off of the situation.

Heck, my wife golfs, so she likely would have told me to do the same. Why sit at home and have that on you mind.

floggerrushmd

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2008
Reading this post made me think of this joke:

A guy playing golf starts out with his best round he's ever played.

On the first hole he hits and eagle and the second hole he birdies.

Right before he tees off on the third hole he gets a call form the hospital.

The Dr. says: "Your wife is here, you have to get here right away !".

The guy thinks this is best round yet, so he tees off on the third hole and hits a hole in one, for the first time ever.

He proceeds to finish all eighteen holes, then goes straight to the hospital.

The Dr. says: "You didn't come here straight away…you finished all 18 holes didn't you ?"

The Man replies: "Yeah I had to finish the game"

The Dr. says: "Well you can forget about golf, your wife is going to need constant care, day in and day out you'll spend helping her. You can forget about your golf game !"

The Man queries: "Really ?"

Dr. laughs and says: "Naaa your wife died 2 hours ago !"

OP
gpo

gpo

Jun 2, 2008
Update, wife is doing well. The grabbed a gall stone that was stuck in a duct. She is coming home tomorrow.

johnny

Dec 22, 2008
Reading this post made me think of this joke:

or the one about the guy telling his friend how his wife had died on the golf course one day when they were playing. his friend says "oh, that must have been a terrible day". the guy says "you're not kidding. the entire back nine it was 'hit the ball, drag the wife, hit the ball, drag the wife'."

LBlack14

Enjoy Life!
Supporting Member
May 5, 2008
Ohio
Country
Let's see....I got married at 5:30PM on a Thursday afternoon, was at the ballpark for a double header by 6:15PM and got home about 2AM after celebrating 2 victories with friends at the ballpark. Naaah, you're fine!:faintthud

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
I wouldn't mention it to her, women can be funny about stuff like this. I know in my case my wife wouldn't even think about doing anything else except trying to be there for me. I had to force her & one of my daughters to leave the hospital last night so they could go home & get some sleep.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.