• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Is Trump's Doonbeg Acquisition Good for Irish Golf?

WWBDD

Supporting Member
Feb 15, 2013
Country
Canada Canada
First off ... Trump's not pompous, he's just a douche bag.

I am a pompous ass and I am not rich.

Secondly ... you're not pompous either, just an ass.

The pompous part comes with the money.

Kind of like crazy + money = eccentric

trumb1mj

Dec 19, 2007
Chicago, IL
Country
United States United States
I played this course a couple years ago and it was spectacular. Sucks that this d bag is saving it but what can you do?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Those with the means can spend their money where they want. Not my business. Buy golf courses, build hotels, buy planes, fancy cars, yachts... again, not my business. I would much rather see someone spend their own money and save a course than watch it disappear. Where I get upset with "rich people" is when they are allowed to buy politicians. That can have a direct effect on me and my family's way of life. Too often, in my opinion, with extreme wealth comes the belief that there are no limits to enhancing the ego by simply writing a check and the line between what has no effect on me... and what does... gets blurred.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
No matter what rick prick would have bought it they all would have or are going to up the greens fee dramatically so none of us will ever play it anyways. Most I have ever paid for a rd was $105 for a special rate at Erin Hills a few years ago, fantastic course and uber long. The rate is now $225 which is just stupid, they upped it because now they can claim they are the site of the 2017 US Open. Plus they no longer allow carts or pull carts, it's walking only and carrying your damn bag. Long hilly course that I don't see many older people ever playing because of those stupid rules.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
They only charge what the market will bear.

If they make more money with higher greens fee's why wouldn't they charge it? I know I would if I were running a golf course.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
No matter what rick prick would have bought it they all would have or are going to up the greens fee dramatically so none of us will ever play it anyways. Most I have ever paid for a rd was $105 for a special rate at Erin Hills a few years ago, fantastic course and uber long. The rate is now $225 which is just stupid, they upped it because now they can claim they are the site of the 2017 US Open. Plus they no longer allow carts or pull carts, it's walking only and carrying your damn bag. Long hilly course that I don't see many older people ever playing because of those stupid rules.
Why no pull carts? That I don't get.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
They only charge what the market will bear.

If they make more money with higher greens fee's why wouldn't they charge it? I know I would if I were running a golf course.
Agree. Pebble Beach charges like $450, people pay it.

I bet if the gates of Augusta opened tomorrow and greens fees were $1500 there would be a waiting list 2 years long if not more.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
That's what caddies are for.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.