• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

It was horrible...

Scotty01292

Mmmmmmmm..... Cake.......
Oct 16, 2005
I played a round in one of my clubs matchplay competitions today, and until today I've been playing really well... Been more agressive with my putting, and holing a lot more, and driving the ball better than ever. Today was different... I 3-putted every green for the first 5 holes, etc. etc. etc. etc... To cut a long story short, I was 7 down after 9... Thinking on the 10th tee, "Holy $4!7! I could lose this on the 11th!"

Then something clicked... I started playing awesome golf... Won 10th with a par, won 11th with a chip-in birdie, won 12th with a par, won 13th with a bogey, won 14th with a par, lost 15th with a par, won 16th with a birdie, won 17th with a birdie and won 18th with a bogey. If you've been keeping track, I had brought the game back to All Square thru 18 holes, and needed to go down the 1st in a playoff. I had been -1 for my back 9, playing a just below my handicap for the round...

Hit my drive up the first down the right. So did my opponent. Both in the rough, but with good lies. I played my second shot, but pushed it a bit. Just off to the right. Thought it was a straight forward chip, with plenty of green to work with... My opponent hooked his second shot just left of the green, and had tricky pitch with very little green to work with. I chipped to about 10ft (wasn't a good pitch by any means) and my opponent almost holed his. It was a gimme for his par, and I still had a tricky 10ft double-breaker to go down the 2nd. Struck it well... Through the 1st break, heading straight for the hole, seemingly in slow motion. I was almost celebrating, because I was certain the ball was going in...

The 8a$7ard LIPPED OUT!!!!!! It has as good as dropped, then just came out the hole...

Anyway, I lost by 1 hole, but still didn't totally embarass myself... I've got a club championship tie tomorrow, which I should win quite easily, but i'm not going to get cocky and end up having a repeat of my front 9 today...

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
Sounds like a great back nine, ignore the lip outs they tend to happen when they know its going to make you the most angry:laugh:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online