• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

It wasn't what I'd planned...

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
But I have 2 new additions to the bag. Brought the R7425 and the 510TP to the course today. I let 2Fast use the 425 since his Hibore is still in the shop. After a few good, few bad drives with the 510 I decided to hit the 425. OK here we go, fairway, fairway, slight push 3yds. RR, slight push 5yds. RR, fairway, fairway, fairway, fairway. Needless to say it's in the bag no questions asked. It's like a slightly more forgiving version of my old R7 quad. No major distance gain/loss over the old r7 or the 510.

Next, although I was reluctant to put any wear on the finish, I brought the Vokey oil can 50-09. Let me just say that this wedge was made for my swing. Everything I've been looking for since I learned to hit a fricken wedge. I can bring this thing in with a low fade and stick it like velcro. I dropped 4 balls from about 105 and stuck every one inside 15 feet with a 2-3 yd. fade. Chipping? It's perfection. Once I dialed it in I had my old chip and a tap in routine in full gear.

I got an honest opinion from 2Fast. He told me that I need to keep that driver. He's played with me 5 or 6 times and multiple range trips. He says I hit it straighter than any driver he's seen me hit. He may have been a little biased as I closed him out 3 and 2 on our little match on the front 9. :laugh:

In his defense though he was without his deadliest weapon, that super-straight 280yd. HiBore. I also showed him a few chipping tips after the round and he caught on fast... I joked with him about that saying "I'm teaching you to beat me... My only advantage was you couldn't chip for piss. LoL "

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Once a ho, always a ho. :D

Love your avatar line. Have you heard from Nikes attorneys yet? :biglol:

equipmentjunkie

Feb 11, 2007
Nice.....thats the way I was with the 425 yesterday.....I feel like that club is perfect for me. BTW I learned how to chip with the hybrid today from tighter lies around the green....MONEY!....I should have practiced this long ago. So are you keeping the oil can?

gunning4u

Dec 31, 2006
I had a feeling that the R7 was going to end up in your bag if you gave it a shot.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Nice, notice which driver of mine is in bold now? :(

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Nice.....thats the way I was with the 425 yesterday.....I feel like that club is perfect for me. BTW I learned how to chip with the hybrid today from tighter lies around the green....MONEY!....I should have practiced this long ago. So are you keeping the oil can?

Yep, keeping the oil can for sure. I hit the MP-R 56* twice, 2 chunks. That grind is just not made for my deep divot taking. The Vokey, couldn't be more for it if I paid $400 for custom wedge. Didn't hit a poor shot with it all round and hit a few that had my heart beating.
icon13.gif

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
So the real question Ez, are you going to stick? I have faith in you, if you say yes.

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
So the real question Ez, are you going to stick? I have faith in you, if you say yes.

That driver stays until a something knocks it out. The only thing I have planned is to hit the Superquad. Won't touch that one till they hit under $200 used though. So, yeah, 425 is in the bag for '07. Only change would be to upgrade to a Rombax-ReaX TP shaft from TP425 or Superquad.

Wedge is a no brainer. I'll pick up a 56* Vokey cheap now that the "Spin Milled" craze is on. (like I really need more spin on a 56*). The 50 feels considerably heavier than the Mizuno's I've been playing. So smooth through the impact zone.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Just keep that Mizzy 52 around until April 2. That will save you from trying to ho another one for me...;)

R35

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
Wedge is a no brainer. I'll pick up a 56* Vokey cheap now that the "Spin Milled" craze is on. (like I really need more spin on a 56*). The 50 feels considerably heavier than the Mizuno's I've been playing. So smooth through the impact zone.

I'm a big fan of the Vokeys myself. Something worth noting is that Titty bumps the swingweight at 54 so the 56 will be a bit heavier than the 50.

:smilie_ti

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Ezra,

Is that a "spin milled"? I haven't had a chance to try mine yet. You've got me anxious to do some chipping. :)

What's the difference between an R7 Quad and an R7 425? I thought they were the same but TM makes so many versions I can't keep up with what's what.

:D

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Quad is the original r7 and is a little smaller then the 425. My r7 quad tp is 400cc.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Only change would be to upgrade to a Rombax-ReaX TP shaft from TP425 or Superquad.

Quoted - "OK here we go, fairway, fairway, slight push 3yds. RR, slight push 5yds. RR, fairway, fairway, fairway, fairway."

And it needs a new shaft because...?

Oh yeah - you're a HO!

Members online

No members online now.