• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

It won't rain

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
halifax_golfer said:
Slip and slides are a child accident waiting to happen. But life I guess wouldn't be the same without them. :).

The weather in Halifax/Dartmouth, sucks!... I work on a 4 on 4 off schedual, and I'm pretty sure that the rain and storms do to. :(... But it's foggy almost all the time, and if it's not foggy it's super humid. Anyways, It's pretty rough.

Chris.

I say bring back the toys that could kill you as a kid.

Anyone remember "Jarts"?

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Eracer said:

Anyone remember "Jarts"?

We had those too.

The slip n slide isn't that big a deal when the rider is only 3 yrs. old. I had to set it up on a hill just to get him to move.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Eracer said:

Anyone remember "Jarts"?
Where those Lawn Darts?

I remember those. Stand on either side and throw weighted sharp instruments in the other persons direction.

I also remember living in AZ as a kid and going up in the Mountains with our BB guns and having all out BB gun fights with 3-5 on each side, and no protective devices. Although head shots were not allowed. I guess if they wanted us to be safer, they should have invented Paint Ball back in the early 70's.

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Believe it or not, we are in the same boat here in Northern Ireland !!

I was talking to an American couple today in the shop saying that they have been here for 3 weeks and they haven't experienced playing in any rain. I said to the gent that people back home won't believe him when he tells them that :D

It is reported to reach 85* F here tomorrow. It was 81 today. That is rather spectacular for us, and will be the first time it will have reached that in many, many years. Personally it is too hot for me....!

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Yesterday, when it was 98F here, I almost died of the heat on the course. When I got home to the AC, I watched the Scottish Open where it was 74F. Two people reportedly died in Loch Lomond from the cold water!

golfman2760

Aug 25, 2005
it actually looks like it might rain in Sydney

which is no good because I was gonna go for a game in 2 days

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Andy_79 said:
Believe it or not, we are in the same boat here in Northern Ireland !!

I was talking to an American couple today in the shop saying that they have been here for 3 weeks and they haven't experienced playing in any rain. I said to the gent that people back home won't believe him when he tells them that :D

It is reported to reach 85* F here tomorrow. It was 81 today. That is rather spectacular for us, and will be the first time it will have reached that in many, many years. Personally it is too hot for me....!

Almost the entire nation is gripped with this heat now...it covers an area two thousand miles wide...

This morning's paper brought the news about water restrictions....and the warning that if meaningful rain is not forthcoming, outdoor watering will be banned.

At our course after the drought of 2000, we had the foresight to build a pond that is filled by rainwater, two wells and the municipal system. The municipal system has cut off our supply and we are relying on the wells now. Our course is surviving as a result.

The best money we ever spent...

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
It finally rained here...on Thursday, Friday and Saturday - we got three inches...we've got a lot of burnt up rough but the rest of the course is in good shape. And the pond is almost full again...so if it gets dry again at least we have that to rely upon.

Fickle weather...

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.