• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Itching to build some clubs

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Well, the club building itch has hit me again. Between boredom and ready to play some new/different clubs on a very limited budget, I'm thinking about building a few clubs. I made the mistake or smart move, (haven't decided yet), of ordering a new Hireko Catalog. Has anyone had any experiences good or bad with Acer componets?

They are making a new driver called the Acer XF Leggera that falls into the new superlight group of drivers out on the market today I'm curious about. And they have a line of fairway woods and hybrids called the XDS React's, that have me intriqued.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone on here had dealt with Acer componets and their satisfaction level with them?

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Duh, guess I should have used the search feature first before making this post. I see quite a few of y'all have tried Acer and were pleased with them. Dayum, I even suggested them in one thread, double duhhhhhhh, lol.

Oh well, what can I say? Long day couped up inside watching the rain pour down. :)

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
We are a Hireko dealer and have extensive history with their entire line (as well as future line)....damn good products!

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I have looked at and given thought to building a set of their irons a few times, just have never pulled the trigger.

Was just looking at their website, any thoughts on the Apollo shafts? I have heard of them and know they have been around awhile, but never had any experience with them!

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Thanks guys, the more I look at the Acer XF Leggera Driver the more I want. Once I get a few things taken care of I am going to build one of them. Its kind of a cross between a TM R-11 and the new Cleveland ultralight line I'm so interested in.

So that is were I'll begin.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Built a set of Acer irons for a friend, they were top notch fit and finish. I haven't hit them, but he really like them.

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
Just found out that Hireko now ship to Australia. Dangerous!!!

They used to have a distributor here but he was frickin' hopeless, impossible to contact and when you could get him he'd never have the stuff you wanted and struggled to get it in.

Lookout Credit Card!

🔥 Latest posts