• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

It's NOT the clubs' fault !!

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I played today and hit quite a few stellar iron shots. Steller because they went straight (or had a very gentle draw) and traveled the distance I expected. One hop and stop. I've been pulling all my iron shots lately. Nice straight pulls that end up pin-high, but 10-30 yards left. I've been planning to have my irons checked for loft/lie, but now I think I'll just accept the fact that "the swing's the thing".

What did I do differently? I focused on a more upright swing plane, combined with a fuller shoulder turn. Seems that turning my shoulders more on the backswing allows my hips to clear through the ball, and put my downswing on a more inside-out path. The more upright swing feels like it's setting up for a casting motion on the downswing, but the opposite happens.

What a crazy game. Felt really good though.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
The title of this thread leads the ShotTalk Inquisition to believe you are a heretic, and as such tomorrow around midday will be burned at the Ping Stake(we found a use for them).

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
It's NOT the clubs' fault !!

SSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(dont tell them, were making money off their club-holery!!!! SHHHHHH)

;) I wish i worked for a major club manufacturer...:D

OP
Eracer

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
The title of this thread leads the ShotTalk Inquisition to believe you are a heretic, and as such tomorrow around midday will be burned at the Ping Stake(we found a use for them).

Was that a Ping "zing"?
icon12.gif

🔥 Latest posts