- Aug 26, 2004
2009 Ogio edge, the hybrid bag that blows the others away.
Hybrid? Yup. It's heavier than a traditional stand bag at 6.4 pounds and lighter than a traditional staff bag. It's also packed with features.
- 9” Woode top with integrated top grab handle
- ARCLITE stand system
- Full length club dividers
- Custom OGIO ergonomic 3-point handle
- Lightweight exo skeletal frame
- TORQ strap (I love this)
- Integrated tee holders
- Hoode full bag rain shield
- Zipperless Ball Pocket
- liftgrip integrated trunk handle
- Crossbow shoulder strap system
- Internal “Isolation chamber” wet/dry pocket
- Glove/putter cover velcro attachment loop (I love this too)
- EVA molded hip pad with airflow system
- Weather proof fleece lined valuables pocket
- Easy access divot tool and pen sleeve
- Elastic oversize towel loop
- Elastic umbrella containment system
- Easy access scorecard and pencil sleeve pockets
This is what Ogio says about the Edge, “The Edge is OGIO’s answer to a hybrid, living somewhere between a tricked-out stand bag and a lightweight cart bag. The sleek, external-framed bag includes the patented Zipperless Ball Pocket (ZBP) its new lighweight exo skeletal frame, Torq Strap anti-sway cart strap, new EVA molded hip pad with airflow system for increased comfort, "Isolation Chamber" wet/dry pocket, and featuring the new ARC Lite stand system - increasing strength while providing greater functionality than a normal stand system. With style, attitude and supreme functionality the Edge is the ultimate bag.”
Just when you thought they had thought of everything, some new pockets appear. There is a place for your divot tool on the outside of the bag, a place to hang your glove or putter cover (magnetic covers need not apply) and a place for your sharpie......This is one thing I love. I am forever fishing around the bottom of my bag for the ever elusive marker now it's right there on the bag. A no brainer.
Another interesting feature is the Hoode rain cover. Easy to install with 2 bayonet clips and a bit of velcro it has an easy open zipperless clamshell thing similar to the zipperless ball pocket.
The one thing missing on this years edge......The ball silo. I really like that about my old grom bag.
That one issue aside, this is a bag I could golf out of and probably even live out of. Who needs a suitcase?