• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

It's not your fathers golf bag.....

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
ogio.jpg

2009 Ogio edge, the hybrid bag that blows the others away.

Hybrid? Yup. It's heavier than a traditional stand bag at 6.4 pounds and lighter than a traditional staff bag. It's also packed with features.

• 9” Woode top with integrated top grab handle
  • ARCLITE stand system
  • Full length club dividers
  • Custom OGIO ergonomic 3-point handle
  • Lightweight exo skeletal frame
  • TORQ strap (I love this)
  • Integrated tee holders
  • Hoode full bag rain shield
  • Zipperless Ball Pocket
  • liftgrip integrated trunk handle
  • Crossbow shoulder strap system
  • Internal “Isolation chamber” wet/dry pocket
  • Glove/putter cover velcro attachment loop (I love this too)
  • EVA molded hip pad with airflow system
  • Weather proof fleece lined valuables pocket
  • Easy access divot tool and pen sleeve
  • Elastic oversize towel loop
  • Elastic umbrella containment system
  • Easy access scorecard and pencil sleeve pockets

This is what Ogio says about the Edge, The Edge is OGIO’s answer to a hybrid, living somewhere between a tricked-out stand bag and a lightweight cart bag. The sleek, external-framed bag includes the patented Zipperless Ball Pocket (ZBP) its new lighweight exo skeletal frame, Torq Strap anti-sway cart strap, new EVA molded hip pad with airflow system for increased comfort, "Isolation Chamber" wet/dry pocket, and featuring the new ARC Lite stand system - increasing strength while providing greater functionality than a normal stand system. With style, attitude and supreme functionality the Edge is the ultimate bag.”

100_0344.jpg

Just when you thought they had thought of everything, some new pockets appear. There is a place for your divot tool on the outside of the bag, a place to hang your glove or putter cover (magnetic covers need not apply) and a place for your sharpie......This is one thing I love. I am forever fishing around the bottom of my bag for the ever elusive marker now it's right there on the bag. A no brainer.​

Another interesting feature is the Hoode rain cover. Easy to install with 2 bayonet clips and a bit of velcro it has an easy open zipperless clamshell thing similar to the zipperless ball pocket.

100_0353.jpg

The one thing missing on this years edge......The ball silo. I really like that about my old grom bag.​

That one issue aside, this is a bag I could golf out of and probably even live out of. Who needs a suitcase?

100_0345.jpg

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Good looking bag; I really like the external frame. But EVERY Ogio bag I have seen with at least a season of use has problems with the legs not folding closed properly and broken zippers. Maybe it's just me and everyone I know? Because the forums seem to LOVE Ogio.

OP
Slingblade61

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
I have a 3 year old ogio.....zero problems with the legs.
This new one has a different, sturdier leg set up.

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Good looking bag; I really like the external frame. But EVERY Ogio bag I have seen with at least a season of use has problems with the legs not folding closed properly and broken zippers. Maybe it's just me and everyone I know? Because the forums seem to LOVE Ogio.

Exactly. My Grom has a broken zipper, and legs that have almost caused me to fall down my basement steps. Love the look, but the function isn't there for me.

EDIT: The torq strap, ball silo, and ZBP are awesome, though.

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Is it just me or does the bag just seem too busy?

I'm a ping bag guy, so i'm used to the simple setup.

Fancy though.

OP
Slingblade61

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
It's busy I suppose. you must be used to a Sunday bag. ;)

I forgot the Torq strap. I use it all the time. love it.

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
While I have the 08 version and I love almost everything about it except that it's too heavy to carry every day. I'm not a small guy I'm 6' 205 and I think I'm in pretty decent shape. Oh yeah and the rain hoode is a great idea just poor construction. Although the customer service at Ogio is awesome. Everytime my hoode breaks I get a new one from them in about 5 days. It's broken 4 times from using it and putting it back in the bag, the metal for the supports breaks near the clips.

I use the bag every time I play unless I walk. The torque strap and the woode are the best features in my mind. Both really make the bag pretty awesome.

This year if I get a new bag it will be the 09 Ozone. 4.2 pounds and 8 full length dividers.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Do you carry that thing Sling? If so, do you find yourself worn out afterwards?

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
I have had 2 Ogios and will never buy another. Most over rated bags around imo. Sun Mountain makes a far better product.

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
Not a terrible bag but I still like my Burton CXS hybrid better. So far it's stood up well. It's discontinued now but they have a new model ML hybrid bag that has almost all the same features. About the same weight and features as the Ogio. I've tried a lot of bags over the past three or four years (including an Ogio) but keep coming back to the Burton.

After using both and Ogio with the Woode system and the Burton's 14 full length dividers, I like the Burton better. The Burton legs are also very stout and have a twist lock that secures them agains the bag when you use it as a cart bag. It has an external putter well too -- it works well but I don't always use it. Not too many people know about Burton bags but they have been around for like 50+ years.

Edit: I gues they didn't obsolete it. A quick google search shows they updated the bag a bit but still sell it as a 2009 model.

awebtoo.net_misc_BurtonCXS.jpg

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
I don't care for the "woode" setup. Think 14 full length dividers is the way to go, or 13 with an external putter well.

OP
Slingblade61

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Do you carry that thing Sling? If so, do you find yourself worn out afterwards?

I've only had it a few days VT so, no, not yet. My home course is cart mandatory anyway.

However, it's only 2 lbs heavier so I will give it a go at some point. It beats going to the gym. :)

I think that if you walk a lot then a lighter product would certainly make more sense.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Nice looking bag!

I've got an older (05 or 06) Vaporlite and have no problems with the legs or anything else. I'd definitely buy another Ogio.

🔥 Latest posts