• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

It's not your fathers golf bag.....

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I have an 08 Edge and so do two of my playing partners. We carry them quite often with zero issues, and I'm carrying a bag full of forged heads as well.

Are you guys soft down south? :D

I really like this bag, and Ogio product to begin with. My only complaint is that they are 10% more than equivalent bags (Sun Mountain, Burton, etc) which makes no sense. You're really buying a name rather than the product when that happens. That irks me, and is why i'll never pay retail on a bag. Why spend money for no reason?

I also have an Ogio Amp and an Ogio Callaway Bag that is basically a Vapourlite "lite" version. All three have seen alot of travel and abuse, but have never let me down.

R35

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Great looking bag!!!

I think my next bag may likely be a hybrid depending on what they have out. I have been using cart bags up here, but the OGIO Atlas just doesn't hold a ton of stuff in comparison to my old Sun Mountain. Now that I have gotten used to it, I think the one you pictured doesn't seem a lot smaller. Without the hard shell it would likely hold just as much if not more. Would also probably fit in my travel cover so I wouldn't have to swap it out when I travel.

Probably all about whether I need the 14 dividers. I do notice the convenience of them when I travel with my OGIO Woode. Probably because I use midsized grips. Still got a couple years before I change again though.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I've only had it a few days VT so, no, not yet. My home course is cart mandatory anyway.

However, it's only 2 lbs heavier so I will give it a go at some point. It beats going to the gym. :)

I think that if you walk a lot then a lighter product would certainly make more sense.

I'd like to upgrade my bag but since I walk 100% of the time I need to go super lite. The problem with all these lite bags is they don't hold anything. :(

OP
Slingblade61

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Then man up and get an edge.
It's sleek and sexy, holds tons of stuff (if you want it to) and provides the rockford35 way to a better body.

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
I'd like to upgrade my bag but since I walk 100% of the time I need to go super lite. The problem with all these lite bags is they don't hold anything. :(

How much stuff do you need to take with you? I admit, I am a minimalist on the course. I pretty much only bring balls, tees, a couple coins, and my camera.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
How much stuff do you need to take with you? I admit, I am a minimalist on the course. I pretty much only bring balls, tees, a couple coins, and my camera.
You asked. :laugh:
attachment.php

I did get rid of the cigar case and cigar holder :) This doesn't even count golf balls and gloves.

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
lol Do they charge you extra for carts because your milage is so much worse than everyone elses?

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
I had the Grom a few years ago. Within weeks of using it, the strap snapped at the base. Instead of sending it in, I just tied the straps together and played the rest of the season on it.

Last year I went to a Mizuno ultralite. But I also went with a 3-wheel push cart.

The Mizuno was great for carrying, but I still LONGED for my Grom. The many pockets and ball silo are great for those of us that carry tons of stuff.

Finally, late last season, I went back to my old, beat up Grom on top of my new Clikgear cart. Heaven. The broken strap is no longer an issue. I have the ZBP back. The silo too. The Ogio Woode system is better than any other knock-off system I have seen or used.

Unfortunately it is ugly as sin as it had 2 years walking on it already. Then a year stored in my garage with dust, sawdust, salt, what have you.

The Edge looks PERFECT. Unfortunately, no Silo??? It has a sharpie pocket which I desperately need, but no Silo?

I don't think I'll ever buy another bag without a silo. Digging around in pockets looking for your provisional ball is for suckers.

OP
Slingblade61

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Yeah, no silo.....sigh.
That's the bad news. the good news is they have seen this thread. ;)

Now wait a minute! What does a guy like you need a silo for anyway? Christ you probably use the same ball for the entire round! :D

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
Now wait a minute! What does a guy like you need a silo for anyway? Christ you probably use the same ball for the entire round! :D

HAH! If only. :)

Really though, I play every round by the Rules of Golf. I just have no such thing as a "casual round" in my arsenal because I always want to stay sharp for local tournaments and club tourneys.

This means I hit a provisional ball when I occasionally hit one a bit wayward. I sure as hell am NOT walking back to the tee box. :laugh:

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
Christ guys, let your nuts touch your undies! (or ST thongs, if your that way inclined)

I carry everywhere I go (including 36 hole tourneys) and my bag is heavier than all my friends cart bags by about 3 pounds.

Take a teaspoon of cement and harden the f%$k up!!! ;)

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Christ guys, let your nuts touch your undies! (or ST thongs, if your that way inclined)

I carry everywhere I go (including 36 hole tourneys) and my bag is heavier than all my friends cart bags by about 3 pounds.

Take a teaspoon of cement and harden the f%$k up!!! ;)
That's mighty bold coming from a guy who's home course is Port FAIRY! :emot-ange ;)

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
I won the previous version of this bag at a tournament. Its a great bag....they have thought of everything. It is just too heavy to carry. I would consider it a cart bag with legs.

EddieC

Feb 1, 2006
Nice thing is Ogio has other options. Funny that the Edge is the only bag they left the ball silo off of. If weights an issue you could always go with an Ozone at 4.2lbs or the Grom at 5.8.....or take Lefty's advice and man up to the Nexos at a whopping 7.2lbs.. I really need to get one of these, I currently have an Acuity bag from Dicks sporting goods and I like everything about it except the constant club fight when pulling or putting an iron in the thing.

🔥 Latest posts