• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

It's official...

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
I've been battling pretty consistent pain in my shoulders for several months now. Started in left and just went to right also. I now find out it is Bursitus/Rotator Cuff issues. Is this a common golf "injury"? I'm sure my years in drywall didn't do me any favors, but I have a suspicion the ol' swing may have egged it on. Orders are immobilization (yah right!), cold/heat regiment, and eat over-the-counter antiinflamitories. Question is, does this point to an unhealthy golf swing, and any ideas on a golfer keeping this in check. I'll be hanging on everyone's every word, so check you Univ of Pheonix doctorates at the door...

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
As you said, I ain't no doctor....but I'll bet its related to the drywall work.

Hate to hear that.

More bad news. I have a good friend whose wife had Two shoulders with that. It was controlled at first with medication like the OTC stuff.

then it got so bad she could not sleep.

Had the first shoulder done by a world famous orthopod.

He told her it would take a long time and much PT to heal up. She did not believe him.

It was hell for about 4 months and then it went away and her should was as good as new. Can do anything and everything with it.

She then could not sleep bc of the other shoulder.

Had the surgery on that one.

took four months to heal - very painful PT process.

good as gold on both now. Says she feels like a teenager.

Wish she looked like one.

OP
bdcrowe

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
Sounds like good and bad new there, bro. LOL We'll see what this brings. I'm crossing fingers and praying. Speaking of maladies, how's the railroad track these days?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I recommend drugs and golf. It's the perfect cure!

I broke my collarbone 4 years ago and had to take half a season off. I basically changed my swing altogether as a sort of compensation for the shoulder, but it doesn't bother me anymore. The first few return rounds i needed some muscle relaxants, which did the trick.

Just don't mix them with beer. Bad news......and bad score....TRUST ME. :rolleyes:

Dr. R35

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online