• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

It's Starting to Work

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Over the winter I made swing changes (Four Magic Moves package) to get more distance and lag in my swing....

It started out good but then I took only parts of it. Then, recently nothing felt right and I decided to go back to my "old" swing.

Well, that gave me the same crappy results as last year through the first couple holes Monday night so third hole went back to the "new" swing.

It was weird. All of a sudden it felt comfortable and I started really smacking the ball nice (for me). With the G10 driver and this swing I am much happier but don't ask for a video until I feel I'm doing it right most of the time.

Bottom line I guess is it seems to be starting to pay off. It got me the two lowest rounds of my life a month ago but I got a little frustrated when it didn't work every shot. What made it feel more comfortable was relaxing and not trying to swing so hard. I go through this it seems every summer. Overswinging until I find I can hit it farther by backing off. Maybe in another 20 years I'll catch on... :confused:

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
HEY,WBL --Keep t going. Remember tension kills speed. The best board breaks occur when the martial artist is relaxed. Hand strike will NOT work if you are tense. Same thing in golf. Keep those hands relaxed through ALL the swing. It will get better and better.

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
To get back on topic (oddly enough), I'm in the same place. When that flatter swing feels right it's great, if not I'll hit a really impressive Thurmon Munson (dead yank). That reminds me that I've got to stay inside, and I can adjust, but the hole is already dead.

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
Stay with it WBL. Just keep working the fundamentals of the new swing and slowly the "new" swing will feel like the "old" swing.

Members online

No members online now.