• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

It's time to add another hybrid

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Well, at least I can say I'm manning up and not hitting a 19 wood or a shaft whippier than a garden hose. :laugh:

Arent you already played or playing ladies flex shafts too doc? Now your adding another hybrid?

Dude (dudette?), you gota layoff the estrogen intake......

;)

Either one of you 2 jokers care to join me at The Georgia Mens Public Links Championship on Sep 15 & 16? I'll be the one hitting it straight down the middle. :D

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Either one of you 2 jokers care to join me at The Georgia Mens Public Links Championship on Sep 15 & 16? I'll be the one hitting it straight down the middle. :D

Ill be the one with a score 15 shots lower outdriving you with my 2 iron

:laugh:

How far do you drive it doc? Out of curiousity? Im hitting my 2 iron about 230 carry off the tee right now. Rolling out about 15-20 yards on avg.

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Ill be the one with a score 15 shots lower outdriving you with my 2 iron

:laugh:

How far do you drive it doc? Out of curiousity? Im hitting my 2 iron about 230 carry off the tee right now. Rolling out about 15-20 yards on avg.

These are the distances I plan. I get about the same amount of roll as you:
Driver 250 carry
3wood 230 carry
5 wood 210 carry
23° hydrid 195
26° hybrid 180
6 iron 165
7 iron 155
8 iron 145
9 iron 135
PW 70-125
GW 60-110
SW 50-100
LW under 75

P.S. I have sweaters that are older than you are. :)

lamebums

300 yards into the woods.
Jul 4, 2007

Depends what kind of course it is. No trees, OB or cabbage in sight? Even without you giving me three strokes I'd kick your ass all the way back to Augusta. :laugh:

Tight course with lots of trees and deep rough? I'd be DQ'd because I'd run out of balls before I holed out on 18. :real angry:

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
These are the distances I plan. I get about the same amount of roll as you:
Driver 250 carry
3wood 230 carry
5 wood 210 carry
23° hydrid 195
26° hybrid 180
6 iron 165
7 iron 155
8 iron 145
9 iron 135
PW 70-125
GW 60-110
SW 50-100
LW under 75

P.S. I have sweaters that are older than you are. :)

Yea, my distances im expecting right now are ~25 yards further. Take into account im 18 and probly have you by like 40-60lbs (and generally make better contact which helps too;)).

The sweaters may be older, but nowhere near as good looking:laugh:

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Depends what kind of course it is. No trees, OB or cabbage in sight? Even without you giving me three strokes I'd kick your ass all the way back to Augusta. :laugh:

Tight course with lots of trees and deep rough? I'd be DQ'd because I'd run out of balls before I holed out on 18. :real angry:

I'll give you the 3 strokes and bet you $100 a hole. :D

It's a new style end to end course, very tight with no adjoining fairways, OB roads, a river, rough that eats balls, more river, $500K houses lining some of the fairways, severe elevation changes, hazards that are waist deep in weeds and snakes, the friggin river some more, blind tee shots, and sticker bushes. Other than that, it's a piece of cake. :D

I shot a 86 on my practice round, with 1 lost ball and 1 in a hazard. If I do that well in the tourney, I'll be reasonably happy.

lamebums

300 yards into the woods.
Jul 4, 2007
I'll give you the 3 strokes and bet you $100 a hole. :D

It's a new style end to end course, very tight with no adjoining fairways, OB roads, a river, rough that eats balls, more river, $500K houses lining some of the fairways, severe elevation changes, hazards that are waist deep in weeds and snakes, the friggin river some more, blind tee shots, and sticker bushes. Other than that, it's a piece of cake. :D

I shot a 86 on my practice round, with 1 lost ball and 1 in a hazard. If I do that well in the tourney, I'll be reasonably happy.

$1800 means my car, my putter, all four wedges, and probably up to the seven iron as well. :(

What about the nassau? Take the 6 iron too.

Hey, Sandpiper! Your'e 18 too, right? We gotta "deal" with this old fart. :laugh:

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Golfsmith has the 3DX Ironwood DC in 20° with the V2 shaft (Yee-hah!!) on sale for $129.

They also have a V2 fairway wood shaft on sale for $47.97, that I really, really need for my 4 wood, so I guess my credit card will be taking a beating tonight

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
Golfsmith has the 3DX Ironwood DC in 20° with the V2 shaft (Yee-hah!!) on sale for $129.

They also have a V2 fairway wood shaft on sale for $47.97, that I really, really need for my 4 wood, so I guess my credit card will be taking a beating tonight

sounds like you found decent prices so it's hardly a beating - let us know how you like them

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
$1800 means my car, my putter, all four wedges, and probably up to the seven iron as well. :(

What about the nassau? Take the 6 iron too.

Hey, Sandpiper! Your'e 18 too, right? We gotta "deal" with this old fart. :laugh:

Hell, on a course like he talked about, I'll go 2 a hole for 100 a hole. At very worst Ill come out even. He'd get intimidated by me hitting 2 irons past his drives right down the middle, and the pressure of 100$ a hole is guna rattle his cage with driver 8i into the green while im going 2i, pw:D

I think I could do that.

Lets go doc. Those are the terms, you pay for my travel down and im in.:laugh:

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
The DC has 2 weight inserts, one in the toe and one in the heel. The Genex (non-DC) only has one in the center I believe.

All I know is that the DX Ironwood DC is what I have in the 23° and 26°, both with the V2 hybrid shaft, and that is what I ordered in 20°. I'm not going to change my swing to fit the club.

Members online

No members online now.