• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I've been bust lately..

OP
VtDivot

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Re: I've been busy lately..

Very Nice!! Classic Modern. Perect for that space also.

Is it birch or poplar?

1967GTA

I Love Cindy Mancini
Dec 23, 2009

i built a simpler TV unit for a friend of mine and he wanted speaker fabric on his doors, for his front satellite left/right speakers. he jammed out and bought these little girly speakers which he put beside his hd receiver, which piXXed me off a bit.

geez, what did he put in the speaker cabinets???
by the way, that is gorgeous too

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Opening the cabinet??? Welcome to the 21st century my friend! :)

Amazon.com: URC RFS200 PowerPak Bundle w/ MasterControl RF20 and PowerBlaster: Electronics

I started the project sometime in October, although I really only get limited shop time.

The finish took 2 full weeks

Wow. Not a bad time frame to build. Pretty cool.

Oh, and I'm already in the 21st century.. I've got 2 Harmony remotes, because I've got such a complex set up, I got tired of people not being able to watch TV or do another activity.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008

i built a simpler TV unit for a friend of mine and he wanted speaker fabric on his doors, for his front satellite left/right speakers. he jammed out and bought these little girly speakers which he put beside his hd receiver, which piXXed me off a bit.

Atleast he has good taste in TV's. ;)

Nice cabinet.

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007

VT, very nice. I built the one in my living room, but it's no where near as nice. Doing drawers and doors yourself is impressive (I farmed out doors to a local cabinet maker)
I did have two thoughts when I saw your pictures. One - I'm very jealous that your component cabinet is open in the back - mine just has a few cut-outs for wires and I'm finding heat is an issue with the cablebox and HTPC. Two - Since you have little ones, please spend the $20 or so and buy a wall mount for your TV (I would have recommended monoprice.com until my credit card info got stolen last week) so your kids or their friends can't pull it down on themselves.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008

You know.. Thats a good point.. I never really thought about having little ones around the house and pulling a flat screen over on themselves..

Couldn't you strap it against the back of the stand? I recall the TV's coming with something similar to that.

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007

Couldn't you strap it against the back of the stand? I recall the TV's coming with something similar to that.
My first plasma had a strap like that (but I found that the 100 lbs TV raised the center of gravity to the point that I could have tipped the TV AND the stand without too much effort) but I think they've stopped including them with new sets

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.