• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I've fixed the Conferences!

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
Dear NCAA:

I've fixed a couple of problems for you.

First, you've got an annual football National Champion problem, and need a playoff. Second, the conferences (pac-10, Big 12, Big 10, SEC, etc.) are doing lots of competing for members and it is tiresome.

I've broken the country down into 7 geographic areas. Each of those geographic conferences would field one 1st Division field of 8 teams. Allow an 11 game season, and each team would have 7 conference and 4 non-conference games. If traditional Rivals want to play each other (USC vs. Mich., Penn State vs. Ohio State, etc.) there's plenty of room for that. Build in a second division and move two teams up and down each year similar to the way the Soccer guys do it. To make it into the top, they'd need to win, if they suck, they move down. If TCU wants to play the big boys, they can win their Division and move up. Schedules can be set in Feb. of each year, they don't really need a 3 year window to schedule games. Think about the excitement generated each March when everyone releases the schedules.

All would play each other within their areas, with the winner invited to a National Championship Playoff. The 8th team would be a wildcard. That would yield 8 playoff games, those games would be similar to the current BCS series, and the National Championship game would move from bowl to bowl each year. The minor bowls would be a good place for the non-division winners games or perhaps 2nd division playoff games. Allow the bowl games that can demonstrate the ability to generate the bucks to move into the eight selected bowls with lesser performing bowls moving down.

I've attached a preliminary division with selected teams to start. Feel free to tweak as you feel appropriate. You don't need to pay me for this work, simply provide 4 tickets for the big game each year and we'll call it even.

Thanks
new-conferences.jpg

🔥 Latest posts